Wannaberoadman12
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I’ve just been set to do my course work can anyone help me understand what I need to do
f15es1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
You need to choose a sport from one of your three sports for practical and you need to plan out a six week training programme developing one or more components of fitness for that sport. For example I did squash and I developed my agility. It needs to be a component that’s easily measurable so something like muscular strength wouldn’t be good as you can’t really measure that.
You take preliminary fitness tests for your component eg agility is the Illinois run and this goes in your PEP. You plan using your fitness principles etc your training session and what type of training is more beneficial eg developing power you might do plyometrics and circuit training based on legs. You carry out your six week programme (I didn’t making up results is easier but it doesn’t matter) then you have to write your PEP.
I had an introduction, fitness test section, training section, principles I took into consideration, then the evaluation. To see progress take the fitness tests you did at the start at the mid way point to see if you need to change any of your training and at the end to see improvements.
I hope this is helpful any other questions I’m happy to answer I’m pretty sure you can find examples online. The hardest thing is not going over the word count but I just put stuff like my analysis of how I used training principles in the appendix just to get more word count for the evaluation.
Wannaberoadman12
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by f15es1)
You need to choose a sport from one of your three sports for practical and you need to plan out a six week training programme developing one or more components of fitness for that sport. For example I did squash and I developed my agility. It needs to be a component that’s easily measurable so something like muscular strength wouldn’t be good as you can’t really measure that.
You take preliminary fitness tests for your component eg agility is the Illinois run and this goes in your PEP. You plan using your fitness principles etc your training session and what type of training is more beneficial eg developing power you might do plyometrics and circuit training based on legs. You carry out your six week programme (I didn’t making up results is easier but it doesn’t matter) then you have to write your PEP.
I had an introduction, fitness test section, training section, principles I took into consideration, then the evaluation. To see progress take the fitness tests you did at the start at the mid way point to see if you need to change any of your training and at the end to see improvements.
I hope this is helpful any other questions I’m happy to answer I’m pretty sure you can find examples online. The hardest thing is not going over the word count but I just put stuff like my analysis of how I used training principles in the appendix just to get more word count for the evaluation.
thanks do u have any idea what my smart target could be for football
f15es1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Wannaberoadman12)
thanks do u have any idea what my smart target could be for football
That’s dependent on your fitness level what component of fitness you decide to train and your aim. But just an example might be: specific - I want to improve my speed when I dribble to 5s in 30m then measurable is you can measure your improvements using the 30m sprint test and a stopwatch, achievable is that you have already taken the 30m sprint test to make sure you can achieve your goal, realistic you can achieve your goal as it’s achievable and you have the time equipment etc to help reach your goal and time bound is I will achieve this goal in 6 weeks for example.
Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.19%
I'm not sure (59)
4.52%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (381)
29.22%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.84%
I'm not a current university student (642)
49.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise