SashaKaurD
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hi I haven’t seen this page around yet so I thought i’d create it 😊

i’m doing maths further maths physics and economics hopefully a*a*a*a or smth and want to do a maths degree how bout y’all
I really liked st. john’s at open day last year and it’s just the perfect college for me bc it prefers test results over interviews for maths

feel free to drop ur subjects predicted and anything else below
jassowal
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
All Oxford colleges seem to have a consistent and uniform admission criteria. Why do you think that St Johns gives an higher weight-age to test scores compared to interviews?
SashaKaurD
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by jassowal)
All Oxford colleges seem to have a consistent and uniform admission criteria. Why do you think that St Johns gives an higher weight-age to test scores compared to interviews?
they state on theirs college website under the mathematics and joint school that “We place relatively little weight on the interview itself in selecting candidates, focusing instead upon performance in examinations and school reports.”
jassowal
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SashaKaurD)
they state on theirs college website undThaer the mathematics and joint school that “We place relatively little weight on the interview itself in selecting candidates, focusing instead upon performance in examinations and school reports.”
I looked at that. It is very interesting. Never thought any one college would have a subject specific acceptance strategy that does not give interviews an equal weightage as written test.
Nataliee_cotts
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi I was wondering if you were invited for an interview yet? I have applied for engineering science and nothing yet. Good luck to you!!
Nataliee_cotts
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi, I just wanted to see how everyone got on with the interview process. I wish you all the best of luck and a great holiday and break.
zeldasayre
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi all! If you don't mind me asking, what made you choose St. John's?
keep_drowning
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by zeldasayre)
Hi all! If you don't mind me asking, what made you choose St. John's?
I used the Oxford alternative prospectus college suggester and it was one of the top colleges it suggested. I was looking for an old college with cheap accomodation, provided for all years, some kitchen access for self-catering and lots of green spaces.
Also the food is meant to be good and St John's supposedly has a reputation for being quite friendly.
zeldasayre
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by keep_drowning)
I used the Oxford alternative prospectus college suggester and it was one of the top colleges it suggested. I was looking for an old college with cheap accomodation, provided for all years, some kitchen access for self-catering and lots of green spaces.
Also the food is meant to be good and St John's supposedly has a reputation for being quite friendly.
Thank you so much!
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by keep_drowning)
Yes you are right.

My son goes to Oriel, but particularly liked the medics from St Johns when he first got there.

I can remember when he was hospitalised with appendicitis during his first term. He got back from hospital (with a couple of his friends) and when he returned they brought him and his friends pizza so that he didn't have to worry about getting food.
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hope your interviews went well.

Do join us on the Oxford main applicants' thread on January 12th.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (95)
38.93%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (27)
11.07%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.38%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
23.36%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.3%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.97%

Watched Threads