The Student Room Group

Locum doctor and portfolio

Hello guys, I have a question. I am Ukrainian medical graduate, passed all my PLABs and got GMC registration. I was struggling to find my first job here so being desperate I went to work as a locum FY1. I do not have access to e-portfolio.
So my question is - do I need to bother myself with paper portfolio? Is it relevant? Is it worth the effort ? I am not going to work as FY1 for the whole year, it is just a few months post after which I am planning to get FY2 position. Is it going to harm me in any way that I don't have a portfolio?
Original post by Darla Stramonium
Hello guys, I have a question. I am Ukrainian medical graduate, passed all my PLABs and got GMC registration. I was struggling to find my first job here so being desperate I went to work as a locum FY1. I do not have access to e-portfolio.
So my question is - do I need to bother myself with paper portfolio? Is it relevant? Is it worth the effort ? I am not going to work as FY1 for the whole year, it is just a few months post after which I am planning to get FY2 position. Is it going to harm me in any way that I don't have a portfolio?

I think it might be harder for you to find a job without a paper portfolio as some employers want to have a look at them, but as long as you have an e-portfolio you should be fine.
It shouldn’t harm you in any way though!
Good luck and stay safe!
Reply 2
Original post by Darla Stramonium

Hi, have you got full GMC registration? Have you had your 6th year clinical rotations accepted as FY1?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending