MintKindred
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Are D.T students coursework being looked at or is it teachers predicted grades? I’m so confused and I feel like my school doesn’t know what it’s doing.
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
CoolCavy do you know anything about this?
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ofqual's guidance says:
It is important that schools and colleges take into account the full range of available evidence when they grade students - including non-exam assessment; the results of any homework assignments or mock exams; and any other records of student performance over the course of study.
but schools were told not to ask students to continue on their NEA after schools shut.
MintKindred
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Compost)
Ofqual's guidance says:
It is important that schools and colleges take into account the full range of available evidence when they grade students - including non-exam assessment; the results of any homework assignments or mock exams; and any other records of student performance over the course of study.
but schools were told not to ask students to continue on their NEA after schools shut.
So why is my school saying they're not using their predicted grades and that they will look at our coursework? I'm going to attach the images of all the work they're giving us for GCSE which aren't even taking place I'm exposing them.
nav_sharda
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I believe (at least for AQA) the NEA will be looked at by your teachers but it will not be moderated by the exam board.

AQA have stated on their website
"Students don't need to complete their NEA.

You also don’t need to send us any marks for NEA that your students have already completed, as we won’t be doing any moderation this summer.".

This is applies to AQA DT. Hope this helps
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by MintKindred)
So why is my school saying they're not using their predicted grades and that they will look at our coursework? I'm going to attach the images of all the work they're giving us for GCSE which aren't even taking place I'm exposing them.
Because they have been told to use the NEA as part of the evidence, but only the work completed before the schools shut. They won't be submitting it to the exam board but as it's a large part of the work you've been doing, it makes sense to use your progress in it as one of the factors in deciding your grade. (Your predicted grade will have been partly based on this too).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (19)
39.58%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (4)
8.33%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (2)
4.17%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (13)
27.08%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (5)
10.42%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (5)
10.42%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed