skdffksn
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
im in year 12 trying to sort my revision materials out for psychology. i really want to make flashcards but i feel like i add to much to them which refutes the point of flashcards. any tips on how to make psychology flashcards?
zohodson
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by skdffksn)
im in year 12 trying to sort my revision materials out for psychology. i really want to make flashcards but i feel like i add to much to them which refutes the point of flashcards. any tips on how to make psychology flashcards?
I found that one really good way to do it was to write a key term or name of a study on one side, then on the other write a few short prompts about it, and then try and recall what it was just from those prompts. It could also help to make a glossary of the terms and studies separately where you define everything in full just so you have something to refer back to. Hope this helps!
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
so you really need to reduce the info down to the bare minimum and what's needed- problem is some people will think all the info from the textbook etc needs to go on the flashcard. if you're struggling to put just the facts down just put key words onto the flashcard that act as prompts- the more revision and exam practice you do etc the more confident you'll be with these prompts.
skdffksn
Rep:
?
(Original post by zohodson)
I found that one really good way to do it was to write a key term or name of a study on one side, then on the other write a few short prompts about it, and then try and recall what it was just from those prompts. It could also help to make a glossary of the terms and studies separately where you define everything in full just so you have something to refer back to. Hope this helps!
thank you so much!! i'll try this out
skdffksn
Rep:
?
(Original post by zohodson)
thank you so much!! i'll try this out

(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
so you really need to reduce the info down to the bare minimum and what's needed- problem is some people will think all the info from the textbook etc needs to go on the flashcard. if you're struggling to put just the facts down just put key words onto the flashcard that act as prompts- the more revision and exam practice you do etc the more confident you'll be with these prompts
Yeah im one of those people but ill try it out with the prompts thank you!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (152)
14.49%
I'm not sure (46)
4.39%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (312)
29.74%
I have already dropped out (27)
2.57%
I'm not a current university student (512)
48.81%

Watched Threads