what is the best division at bank of England to do apprenticeship - IBD,PPD or UKDT ?

Watch
AN0128
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I am at the final stage for Bank of England economics degree apprenticeship and I have to choose a division- international Banks Supervision Division (IBD), Prudential Policy Division (PPD) or UK Deposit Takers Division (UKDT).
Prudential Policy- We help maintaining financial stability in the UK by designing, negotiating internationally and implementing effective regulations for banks and insurers.
UK Deposit Takers (UKDT)- We work at the heart of the UK financial sector to promote the safety and soundness of over 700 UK deposit takers, ranging from global institutions to start-up ‘challenger’ banks.
International Banks Supervision Directorate (IBD)
Promotes the safety and soundness of 237 international firms, from over 50 overseas jurisdictions, including the largest global investment banks. To deliver effective prudential supervision, we provide rigorous, forward-looking assessments.
This page has more information about the departments https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/care...ers/what-we-do

They all kind of sound a bit similar to me honestly. So really not sure which one to choose. After completing the degree apprenticeship I would plan on doing an MSc Finance at a top 10 university to go into the banking or asset management sector. So which department would be best for my future career prospects? Any ideas?
AN0128
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
anyone? any idea?
diana_rita
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
hi! hope you’re well. I’ve applied to the apprenticeship this year and was wondering if you could let me know how it is, both the application process and the apprenticeship itself?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
5.88%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (6)
17.65%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (4)
11.76%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (3)
8.82%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (11)
32.35%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (8)
23.53%

Watched Threads