Nemedis
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Currently studying Maths, Chemistry and Biology - hoping to go onto study chemistry or bio/chem related degree, currently undecided. If I'm honest, I have literally no idea what to speak about for the EPQ at all and don't have much time left to come up with one, and sort of struggle with time already with my subjects. The only reason I am inclined to do one is to give me something else to write about for my PS/Application due to the current corona issue, not being able to go out and do volunteering/work experience as I was planning which is a pain - any thoughts?
username5042652
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I did the same subjects with basically the same uni course choices. I did mine on autism, and for a science EPQ, definitely need to do a title that you can find research papers on for free. Make a list of topics and stuff you could research and be interested in, google them, and see which ones have info for. Definitely worth doing one, as it gives you good prep for uni writing.
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I dont suggest it if you are already struggling with your a levels. My sister didnt do an EPQ and shes doing an chemistry degree with biochemistry at postgraduate level. It would be better doing an essay comp since you need to commit for a long term for an EPQ
hayzc
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I would normally highly recommend an EPQ, especially since I was able to transfer to another course that had higher grade requirements as a result of my EPQ grade. However, don't sacrifice your subjects just for it, your subjects are definitely more important. Although you might not be able to volunteer/embark on work experience as a result of this current situation, you can demonstrate your passion in other ways! Watch online lectures, listen to podcasts, do a MOOC, read books about your subject.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (113)
28.18%
No - I have already returned home (52)
12.97%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (80)
19.95%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (39)
9.73%
No - I live at home during term anyway (117)
29.18%

Watched Threads