anonymous_new
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

I will be starting year 12 in September and I want to achieve at least AAA in my exams.

Could anybody please give me some help and advice as to how to achieve these grades in my specific subjects, thank you!

I am studying:
Business
History
Physchology

Thanks!
Lolotandz
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I studied history my advice is from the beginning make sure you’re on top of your work for example Extra reading, read ahead and constantly go over content. I saw improvements in my grade when I don’t listen of practice essay. Do you know what board a level history you’re going to do?
anonymous_new
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Lolotandz)
I studied history my advice is from the beginning make sure you’re on top of your work for example Extra reading, read ahead and constantly go over content. I saw improvements in my grade when I don’t listen of practice essay. Do you know what board a level history you’re going to do?
Thanks! I’m
Doing AQA
Nightwing84
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Look around for good quality textbooks/revision guides (see if you can ask older students who have taken A-levels in your subjects which textbooks they think are the best ones) and try and read them before you start 6th form. It'll give you a good head-start and you'll know what to expect
Lolotandz
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jmd908)
Thanks! I’m
Doing AQA
Ahh I did edexcel but I think aqa still has coursework so make sure you start that early
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Lolotandz)
Ahh I did edexcel but I think aqa still has coursework so make sure you start that early
They do coursework but it's not due till May in yr 13 so OP doesn't need to worry about that and the schools give you a time period most likely so I suggest OP wait till the schools help them with that
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I do History and to achieve the A and have a decent knowledge, you need to change your exam technique from GCSE to A level standard because your GCSE right now will give you a decent C. You will need to think conceptually and question the question. It will be easier to make your essay flow if you know a lot about the content so use every resource you can to learn each topic (from your textbook, lessons and independent learning) and defo try to engrave the statistics from your head so you can use them later on - statistics will help you support your argument and let the examiner know your stuff. My friend does Business and all I can say is keep up with the work because I always see my friend doing business work even though shes doing well and keeping up and falling behind will burden you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (221)
43.68%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (57)
11.26%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.71%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (107)
21.15%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (55)
10.87%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.34%

Watched Threads