The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 1
Yeah I signed up. Dont worry about it I guess. Theyll probs leave it really late to organise anyway
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
As did I :smile:

It would be helpful to know the exact dates we're needed in advance.
I noticed there's a facebook group from last year, so hopefully they'll start organizing soon.
Reply 3
Yeah i applied to it as well, heard jack-all....only thing i know is that on teh union site it says that it starts oin Fri 26th Sep at 10.00AM...

Should be a laugh though, anyone done it before?

Tej x
Yeh I'm doing it again. There will be a meeting on Friday 26th where you get told what to do and sign up for the shifts you want to work (helping people move in, freshers fair, sports fair, registration queue management etc etc) and you get your tshirt then too. Most people seem to sign up for shifts, realise they can't do them and then just turn up for other ones and the guys in charge don't seem to mind much. I signed up for shifts I couldn't do in the end so just kept facebooking people to change.

Its good fun but really hard work!! I was exhausted after selling sports memberships and carrying poles about.

We will probably get an email in a few weeks reminding us to turn up.
happydinosaur
Yeh I'm doing it again. There will be a meeting on Friday 26th where you get told what to do and sign up for the shifts you want to work (helping people move in, freshers fair, sports fair, registration queue management etc etc) and you get your tshirt then too. Most people seem to sign up for shifts, realise they can't do them and then just turn up for other ones and the guys in charge don't seem to mind much. I signed up for shifts I couldn't do in the end so just kept facebooking people to change.

Its good fun but really hard work!! I was exhausted after selling sports memberships and carrying poles about.

We will probably get an email in a few weeks reminding us to turn up.

awesome..thanks for the insight happydinosaur

Latest