The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

University of Cambridge - PhD in Clinical Neurosciences

Scroll to see replies

I heard back today! I got into the programme but not nominated for funding:frown:
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by chloetheneuron
Have you heard anything since? I was told a similar timeframe at my interview two weeks ago, but haven't heard back since.

Posted in the thread but didn’t click reply - I got into the programme but not nominated for funding, so going to try and go external
Original post by Anonymous
Posted in the thread but didn’t click reply - I got into the programme but not nominated for funding, so going to try and go external

I got the same response as you. How are you getting on with the funding search?
Hi there, I got the offer for PhD in Clinical Neuroscience (I got an informal offer on the 24th of Jan and an official offer on the 22nd of Feb) and was told that I've been nominated for funding. There is no news about the funding yet, and I wonder if anyone else is waiting on the funding this year?
Reply 24
Original post by Anastasia_ilina
Hi there, I got the offer for PhD in Clinical Neuroscience (I got an informal offer on the 24th of Jan and an official offer on the 22nd of Feb) and was told that I've been nominated for funding. There is no news about the funding yet, and I wonder if anyone else is waiting on the funding this year?

Same here, still waiting. Have you heard back already?
Original post by olix187
Same here, still waiting. Have you heard back already?
Hi there! No, haven’t been offered funding yet :frown: I wonder how many conditional offers they’ve given out, and what’s the success ratio usually. Which college are you joining btw?
Reply 26
Looking at the postgrad admission statistics at the very least half of the students that received a Clinical Neuroscience DPhil offer took up their place. Assuming that all of those received funding, I would say that funding available to 50-70% of the students, but that is nothing more than a guess. Hopefully we will find out in the next 2 weeks. I received an offer from Wolfson College, didn't state any preferences.
Original post by olix187
Looking at the postgrad admission statistics at the very least half of the students that received a Clinical Neuroscience DPhil offer took up their place. Assuming that all of those received funding, I would say that funding available to 50-70% of the students, but that is nothing more than a guess. Hopefully we will find out in the next 2 weeks. I received an offer from Wolfson College, didn't state any preferences.
I've also been assigned to Wolfson, but it was actually my first choice based on recommendations from my friends who are Cambridge alumni. Hopefully, it works out for both of us! :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by Anastasia_ilina
I've also been assigned to Wolfson, but it was actually my first choice based on recommendations from my friends who are Cambridge alumni. Hopefully, it works out for both of us! :smile:

Sounds like I got lucky then. Yes, fingers crossed 😊.
Is anyone still waiting on a decision? I applied before the December funding deadline, interview early January, was recommended for an offer by the department the following week, but my status has been 'Decision pending' since then!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending