*Official Investment Banking and Advisory 2021 Internship Thread*

Watch
LSEismadream
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
anyone knows when GS starts interviews (as in the final round interviews not hirevue)
alexandrien
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by fgur987)
Hello Guys,

Im going to CASS for Investment and financial risk management. I know it is a semi target but my A-level results are BBB. Will this mean investment firms will not even consider my application due to the low A-level grade. Will it be hard to get an internship?
Tough, but mostly because you lack prior investment banking experience.

Many applicants from Continental Europe will have a legs up since they can prove 3-4 investment banking internship from top BB/EB already before applying to IBD SAs in London. Often, they carry LBS or similar on their resume and have even interned at megafunds before (e.g. Cinven, Bridgepoint, Ardian, you name it).

I would suggest that you network with relevant people prior to commencing at CASS, for when you're at CASS it'll already be too late.
fgur987
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by alexandrien)

Many applicants from Continental Europe will have a legs up since they can prove 3-4 investment banking internship from top BB/EB already before applying to IBD SAs in London. Often, they carry LBS or similar on their resume and have even interned at megafunds before (e.g. Cinven, Bridgepoint, Ardian, you name it).

I would suggest that you network with relevant people prior to commencing at CASS, for when you're at CASS it'll already be too late.
What about spring week? Will my grades play a big part? Also how should i go about networking before uni?
alexandrien
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What about spring week? Will my grades play a big part? Also how should i go about networking before uni?
Look for investment banking events that take place at CASS or in greater London. This is one way to get a foothold in the industry. But your university contacts may also prove viable in the long-run. Also, while you should leave no stone unturned (meaning you should apply to all spring weeks) don't focus solely on spring weeks. Try to land something else (internship at a startup or a back/middle-office role) to show that you are ambitious and able to plan ahead.
LSEismadream
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
anyone knows when GS starts interviews (as in the final round interviews not hirevue)
and when do firms give out first rounds in general
Maslina123
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Did Goldman send out the hireviews for FT london IB? I applied right when the applications opened
fraudstar
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by alexandrien)

Hi, I also got 3 Bs at Alevel. I've graduated now (first class econ from a non-target) but I'm starting the MFE at Oxford. Only experience I have is MO at GS/JPM/MS (with a few ECs), do you think im even going to stand a chance against these students you're talking about?
fgur987
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by fraudstar)
Hi, I also got 3 Bs at Alevel. I've graduated now (first class econ from a non-target) but I'm starting the MFE at Oxford. Only experience I have is MO at GS/JPM/MS (with a few ECs), do you think im even going to stand a chance against these students you're talking about?
How did you manage to secure such good experience?
fraudstar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How did you manage to secure such good experience?
got lucky? still not sure myself lol
fgur987
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Did you apply to lots of places? Also were any spring weeks or were all internships?
fraudstar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Did you apply to lots of places? Also were any spring weeks or were all internships?
I applied to a lot of places (c. 40). I only applied to internships, I ended up with 4 offers from BBs and MMs for a mixture of FO and MO. I didn't know what a spring week was until I started applying for interships lol
Trapz99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I applied to a lot of places (c. 40). I only applied to internships, I ended up with 4 offers from BBs and MMs for a mixture of FO and MO. I didn't know what a spring week was until I started applying for interships lol
Why did you choose MO instead of one of the FO offers? Anything in FO would set you up for future internships better than MO even if it’s at a top bank.
mediocreman12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm in a *****y situation, I'm starting my Masters next month and haven't gotten any internships so far. Should I apply for internships or FT roles? I'm not trying to get into IB, either Risk or Tech roles.
ckam
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
when did goldmans open/ am I wasting my time applying for wealth management now?
ckam
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
when do goldmans graduate programmes start, july or august?
igof1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, Can i just ask, being in the second year of a 4 year degree would I be applying to both summer internships and spring weeks this year?
Otherdjrj
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by igof1)
Hi, Can i just ask, being in the second year of a 4 year degree would I be applying to both summer internships and spring weeks this year?
Nope, you’re only applicable for springs
Angiemore
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For those of you interested in - Asset Management - Investment Management.. (Hedge Funds, Private Equity, etc )
Pls apply https://www.100blackinterns.com/
qw123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you're planning on doing a masters next year should you let the banks you're applying to know in your CV or elsewhere?
JonnySneller
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Any spring weekers here? Have you had your Spring converted yet? Or are you still waiting? thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (34)
21.25%
No (126)
78.75%

Watched Threads