Psychology Vs History For Medicine?

Watch
EliteBoy8
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hello guys,

Currently, I have decided on studying Chemistry, Biology and Maths for A level. But my sixth form, requires me to study 4 a levels for the first year ( I can drop one the next year ). I did originally pick History as my 4th as I am predicted a 9 at GCSEs, however now I am just thinking whether psychology is a better option. Can someone please advice me which subject will look better on my profile when applying to a university? And if I dropped Maths (I am not really that strong in maths), which subject will look better with Chemistry and Biology for a medical school?
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Only one medical school (Cambridge) requires 3 STEM subjects, and the rest don't care what your final subject is. Just take whichever you find more interesting and/or you think you can get better grades in.

ecolier has made a thread here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5611422 where variations of this question have been asked (and answered) innumerable times. I recommend you read through it, particularly as he has linked some very useful documents regarding medical school admissions in the thread.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (588)
34.01%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (717)
41.47%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (345)
19.95%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise