Want more information about this university?
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Why is Liverpool Such a Great City to Study In?

Today’s post will discuss Liverpool as an international city and what Liverpool Hope University offers as a place of study for international students.

Liverpool: A Truly International City

One of the biggest challenges for International Students, when studying in the UK, is learning to live and thrive in an area which is hundreds, something thousands, of kilometres away from home. One of the best things about Liverpool for International Students, is that the city is internationally diverse and extremely friendly. Home to Europe’s oldest Chinese communities and Britain’s oldest Black African community, Liverpool is historically and culturally one of the UK’s most diverse cities.

In 2008 Liverpool was named the cultural hub of Europe. From the cultural quarter, consisting of St. Georges Hall and the cities central library, to the famous Albert Docks, Liverpool is architecturally stunning. For history lovers, the city boasts the world’s largest museum dedicated to Trans-Atlantic Slavery. For lovers of the Arts, the city is home to the Tate Art Gallery and the Beatles Museum. These are just a fraction of the places you can visit as a student of Liverpool.

The city is also home to Liverpool FC and Everton FC, two of England oldest and most successful football clubs. If sport isn’t your thing then you can explore the cities music scene. Home to the Beatles, the city lives through music. There are loads of open mic nights across the city for you to go and watch or perform at.

Additionally, the city is one of the friendliest places in the country. Liverpool has an extraordinary ability to be a lively cities, with over half a million resident, whilst simultaneously also being extremely welcoming, with a real sense of community spirit. In 2018, Liverpool was voted the kindest and most helpful city in England.

A Modern University with a History of Academic Excellence

Liverpool Hope University is a unique university with a rich history dating back to 1844. Our beautiful campuses mix traditional and modern architecture with stunning grounds. Our well-equipped smaller campuses mean that it’s easier for you to get to know people and no-one gets lost in the crowd! There are lots of clubs and groups for you to get involved in.

Liverpool Hope University offers a special place to learn, combining excellent academic standards, small class sizes and great facilities with the pastoral care and support of a collegian community. We get to know you as individuals so that we can help you to develop skills and interests outside your study area. At Liverpool Hope, you will be part of a vibrant community that provides help and support to make sure you get the best from university life.

If you have any question please feel free to respond to the post.

Dom S
timcarpe
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I am currently researching universities offering the PGCE in Secondary Computing. I have been impressed by some testimonials and information I have read about your university.

I would be an international student (American) applying for the 2021 school year. Can you briefly outline what the application process might look like for an international student applying to Liverpool Hope with regards to interviews and applying for scholarships?
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by timcarpe)
I am currently researching universities offering the PGCE in Secondary Computing. I have been impressed by some testimonials and information I have read about your university.

I would be an international student (American) applying for the 2021 school year. Can you briefly outline what the application process might look like for an international student applying to Liverpool Hope with regards to interviews and applying for scholarships?
Hi timcarpe

Thank you for getting in touch. Its great to hear that you are interested in studying for a PGCE.

To apply for the course you will need to apply through the UCAS website. After you make the application, if you are successful you will be invited to an interview. We will be as accommodating as possible as you are an international student, however you will need to attend the interview in person as there will be group activities as part of the interview.

There are a few scholarships available for international students so I would recommend going onto our website.

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask

Dom
supreetn
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Liverpool Hope University)
Why is Liverpool Such a Great City to Study In?

Today’s post will discuss Liverpool as an international city and what Liverpool Hope University offers as a place of study for international students.

Liverpool: A Truly International City

One of the biggest challenges for International Students, when studying in the UK, is learning to live and thrive in an area which is hundreds, something thousands, of kilometres away from home. One of the best things about Liverpool for International Students, is that the city is internationally diverse and extremely friendly. Home to Europe’s oldest Chinese communities and Britain’s oldest Black African community, Liverpool is historically and culturally one of the UK’s most diverse cities.

In 2008 Liverpool was named the cultural hub of Europe. From the cultural quarter, consisting of St. Georges Hall and the cities central library, to the famous Albert Docks, Liverpool is architecturally stunning. For history lovers, the city boasts the world’s largest museum dedicated to Trans-Atlantic Slavery. For lovers of the Arts, the city is home to the Tate Art Gallery and the Beatles Museum. These are just a fraction of the places you can visit as a student of Liverpool.

The city is also home to Liverpool FC and Everton FC, two of England oldest and most successful football clubs. If sport isn’t your thing then you can explore the cities music scene. Home to the Beatles, the city lives through music. There are loads of open mic nights across the city for you to go and watch or perform at.

Additionally, the city is one of the friendliest places in the country. Liverpool has an extraordinary ability to be a lively cities, with over half a million resident, whilst simultaneously also being extremely welcoming, with a real sense of community spirit. In 2018, Liverpool was voted the kindest and most helpful city in England.

A Modern University with a History of Academic Excellence

Liverpool Hope University is a unique university with a rich history dating back to 1844. Our beautiful campuses mix traditional and modern architecture with stunning grounds. Our well-equipped smaller campuses mean that it’s easier for you to get to know people and no-one gets lost in the crowd! There are lots of clubs and groups for you to get involved in.

Liverpool Hope University offers a special place to learn, combining excellent academic standards, small class sizes and great facilities with the pastoral care and support of a collegian community. We get to know you as individuals so that we can help you to develop skills and interests outside your study area. At Liverpool Hope, you will be part of a vibrant community that provides help and support to make sure you get the best from university life.

If you have any question please feel free to respond to the post.

Dom S
Hi , I am an international student and have been offered a place in Uo Liverpool in Masters' program for Business Analytics with Big data and supply chain and logistics. Could you suggest me which program is better in terms of career prospects and also how is the Post study work change likely to help students bag jobs after graduation! Which course has better edge of getting an employment in respective field.
Hoping to hear from you soon.
sanjanawrites
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by supreetn)
Hi , I am an international student and have been offered a place in Uo Liverpool in Masters' program for Business Analytics with Big data and supply chain and logistics. Could you suggest me which program is better in terms of career prospects and also how is the Post study work change likely to help students bag jobs after graduation! Which course has better edge of getting an employment in respective field.
Hi I think you are referring to university of Liverpool. There is a different forum for it . If you want I can send you the link best of luck
supreetn
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sanjanawrites)
Hi I think you are referring to university of Liverpool. There is a different forum for it . If you want I can send you the link best of luck
sure!! I would really appreciate that. Thanks
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by supreetn)
Hi supreetn :hello:

I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to advise you on the course as it isn't on that we offer! However, I would recommend contacting University of Liverpool for advice!

I would however say that a Master's degree is a great way to enhance your CV and the post study work visa gives an excellent opportunity to look for work in the UK after you graduate.

I hope this helps!

Melissa
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (64)
14.71%
I'm not sure (16)
3.68%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (147)
33.79%
I have already dropped out (7)
1.61%
I'm not a current university student (201)
46.21%

Watched Threads