The Student Room Group

Weeds reducing yield of plant

How do weeds reduce yield of plant, I know they compete with the plant for water, nutrients, etc. But what are some other points?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by hdudjsjshs
How do plants reduce yield of plant, I know they compete with the plant for water, nutrients, etc. But what are some other points?

does etc include limiting agents? For eg shade of plants lowering the amount of sunlight absorbed?
Original post by hdudjsjshs
How do plants reduce yield of plant, I know they compete with the plant for water, nutrients, etc. But what are some other points?

I mean if you think about the rainforrest lots of the tall trees get all the sunlight and the plants on the ground floor have to compete with little to no sunlight so you could also say that plants reduce the growth of other plants when they are competing for sunlight but I'm not sure what the question you are trying to answer is.
:five: hehe :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by Capitalist_Lamb
I mean if you think about the rainforrest lots of the tall trees get all the sunlight and the plants on the ground floor have to compete with little to no sunlight so you could also say that plants reduce the growth of other plants when they are competing for sunlight but I'm not sure what the question you are trying to answer is.

omg sorry I meant how do weeds reduce yield of plant? I didn’t even realise.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending