The Student Room Group

LJMU Teaching

Has anyone done the Primary Education with QTS interview?
Original post by mok123
Has anyone done the Primary Education with QTS interview?

Hello @mok123

I haven't had an interview with Liverpool John Moores University for their degree with QTS, but to help you to prepare for your interview, considering the following, and think of tangible examples of how you may demonstrate the skills and knowledge needed in a Primary school teacher. Refer as much to experience of a classroom or related environment -

What is driving your passion of working with young people?
What areas of the primary curriculum may you struggle to teach and how will you overcome this challenge?
What area of the primary curriculum will you excel in teaching and why?
How do you manage your time to effectively meet deadlines?
What KS would you prefer to teach and why?
What is your understanding of the role of a classroom teacher in the safeguarding of students?
How do you see yourself taking a lead in extra-curricular activities in a school community?
How would you improve levels of literacy and numeracy in primary aged children?
How would you develop independent learning skills in primary aged children?

Questions for you to ask at interview may include -

Where are my teaching placements likely to be and who will be my school based mentor?
What is the recommended reading?
What are the opportunities of taking part in school trips, sports day, after-school activities?
What opportunities may I have for learning to teach children with additional learning needs.

Wishing you all the very best of luck for a successful outcome!

Jane
Reply 2
Thankyou this is a great help! Worried as I’m not sure how formal or informal the interview will be now that it’s over the phone

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending