hazel3
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hii I have an offer for an Msc in Business Analytics from Lancaster, Bath, Manchester and Southampton. Any advice on what should I choose? I would prefer Bath and Lancaster because I would like to experience the campus life.
heythereitsmee
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi there,
Manchester no doubt amongst the unis you mentioned. The course is ranked 8th globally and well manchester is one of the best places in the Uk for nightlife. Not to forget that Uni of Manchester also has the biggest campus for a public university in the UK. AMBS is also one of most targetted universities by employers which is great for employment post-graduation.

Hope it helps
University of Bath Postgraduate
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by hazel3)
Hii I have an offer for an Msc in Business Analytics from Lancaster, Bath, Manchester and Southampton. Any advice on what should I choose? I would prefer Bath and Lancaster because I would like to experience the campus life.
Hi hazel3

Glad to hear you're considering Bath for your postgraduate studies!

The University of Bath School of Management (which business analytics falls under) is considered one of the most prestigious business schools in the UK and the World, and as a result the department and all courses that fall under the Management umbrella are very well looked after.

More information about the School of Management can be found here: School of Management

From a personal viewpoint of doing a postgraduate degree that falls under the School of Management, my experience this year has been fantastic. Many of my lecturers have had successful careers in industry and are able to utilise their experiences to aid their teachings, which I've personally found very useful and interesting. This also means they have a fantastic network of contacts and we regularly have noteable guest speakers take some lectures. On top of this, they seem a lot more engaged than the lecturers I had for my undergraduate degree and are more than happy to give you some of their time to offer support with the course or give insightful career advice. It is also very clear that a lot of time has been spent on the structure of the course in order to ensure we not only learn the required content but also develop the necessary soft skills that appeal to employers.

On top of this, the University itself offers fantastic careers support. You are able to book 1 to 1 sessions with the careers team to discuss anything job related, proof read CVs and cover letters, give relevant advice and insight into specific company's application processes (students are encouraged to feeedback to the careers service whenever they are successful in securing a graduate job in order to help future students). As well as this, they regularly run mock interviews and assessment centres and other more general support workshops.

More information about the Careers Service can be found here: Careers Service

The City of Bath itself is a beautiful place to live and is rich with history, although it is relatively small and slow-paced. Some students find there isn't a great deal to do in their downtime, so if you're someone who would feel more comfortable in a big city with lots going on, maybe Manchester or Southampton would be a better fit. Many students do however, take advantage of the fact that Bristol is less than 15 miles away (about a 15 minute train ride), a much bigger and more happening city, and I've even known a few students to live there and commute. It all depends on your preference, it is important to remember that you'll be living there for the best part of a year!

I hope this has helped, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch!

Ollie
MSc Engineering Business Management
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by hazel3)
Hi hazel3,

Congratulations on your offer to study MSc Business Analytics at Lancaster!
As you say, Lancaster is a campus university. We often describe it as being like a town where everyone is a student. Our college system also helps to great a sense of community. As a postgraduate student you would be a member of Graduate College, and would be able to make use of the college’s bar, study space and other facilities.

I would recommend, if you would like to know more, that you email [email protected]. We can answer your questions and might be able to put you in touch with a current student on the programme for you to have a chat to.

Let me know if there's anything I can help you with.

Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (56)
22.58%
Excited but a bit nervous (112)
45.16%
Not bothered either way (33)
13.31%
I'm really nervous (47)
18.95%

Watched Threads