Kings College London KAAS personal statement

Watch this thread
uchiha01
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello

I am trying to apply for KAAS which provides affordable accomodation to only 1300 undergraduate students. It requires students to submit a 2000 word personal statement which needs to include the following:

Please provide us with a personal statement explaining the reasons why you should be considered for the scheme, including the consequences if you are unable to secure a room below £169 per week.*Max. 2,000 Characters.
Any idea how to start it off and what to include? The personal statement needs to be very strong for me to appeal and I have no idea where to start and how to make it not sound pitiful (or does it have to? for me to have a better chance?). ALSO, is accomodation provided based off a first come first serve basis because it's already been a month and a week since the applications are open and I'm getting a bit worried as I have only firmed kings two days ago due to waiting for one more uni to give me a response.

Thank you.
Papierkowy
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
Hi! As someone who got KAAS for next year, I'd say list on a piece of paper all of the things that would disadvantage you. Then in your personal essay write how having KAAS would help to eliminate those struggles and how not getting KAAS would make your study harder. Don't worry about making it too pitiful
uchiha01
Rep:
(Original post by Papierkowy)
Hi! As someone who got KAAS for next year, I'd say list on a piece of paper all of the things that would disadvantage you. Then in your personal essay write how having KAAS would help to eliminate those struggles and how not getting KAAS would make your study harder. Don't worry about making it too pitiful
Hello! I have actually only just applied for student finance three days ago and the results take around 6 weeks to process so I'm not sure if I am able to be granted the 12k fully. Did you mention anything about the loans you'd receive and how it's not enough? How did you start it off? And is the stamford street appartments really hard to get because of how close it is to the campuses. One more Q: Is ir based of first come firsr serve? Thank you.
Papierkowy
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Yeah I did mention how a full maintenance loan will not be enough for me. I started it with "As a child of a working class single mum migrant...". And yeah, SSA a quite hard to get to but that's mainly because they are releasing rooms gradually and they come in first come first serve basis. The central accom is generally more desirable that why I didn't bother and just went for Angel Lane hah
uchiha01
Rep:
(Original post by Papierkowy)
Yeah I did mention how a full maintenance loan will not be enough for me. I started it with "As a child of a working class single mum migrant...". And yeah, SSA a quite hard to get to but that's mainly because they are releasing rooms gradually and they come in first come first serve basis. The central accom is generally more desirable that why I didn't bother and just went for Angel Lane hah
Oh no so they do come in first come first serve basis 😭😭😭😭😭 I hope theres still some available. Thank you very much for you help! Hoepfully I get accepted.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (65)
28.02%
As I expected (72)
31.03%
Harder (87)
37.5%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.45%

Watched Threads