The Student Room Group

Why doesn't he ask me out?

Guy friend admitted that he likes me and that he wasn't with anyone. I told him I liked him back. He hasn't asked me out.
What now?

Scroll to see replies

Try prompting him a bit? I know it is standard for guys to ask girls out, but we hate it just as much as you do. Maybe hint to him that you want to get out and do something together?
Well you are probably under lockdown at the moment depending on what country you're in, so it's unlikely you'd be able to see each other any time soon. He might just be waiting for lockdown to be lifted haha
Reply 3
Why don't you ask him out?

Don't regret not taking the opportunity.
Men have rights too!

We want women to ask us out too you know!!
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Guy friend admitted that he likes me and that he wasn't with anyone. I told him I liked him back. He hasn't asked me out.
What now?

Keep on talking to him. Sometimes, guys need a bit of tactical guidance when you like them!
might be a bit difficult at the mo with the current state of things. would be stupid to get anything, when could be up to a year before you see them
Reply 7
might be a bit difficult at the mo with the current state of things. would be stupid to get anything, when could be up to a year before you see them

Maybe true, but if you facetime, who knows what connection you could build while you wait to meet?
Reply 8
Original post by K-Man_PhysCheM
Well you are probably under lockdown at the moment depending on what country you're in, so it's unlikely you'd be able to see each other any time soon. He might just be waiting for lockdown to be lifted haha

Lol I live in London. Possibly, we only WhatsApp sometimes but we mainly talk in person. Maybe after lockdown i'll ask him if he wants to hang out (that's if hes still not seeing anyone lol)
Reply 9
Original post by Surnia
Why don't you ask him out?

Don't regret not taking the opportunity.

Fair enough but isn't it usually the guy who asks the girl out?
Original post by mgi
Maybe true, but if you facetime, who knows what connection you could build while you wait to meet?

I have a Samsung so can't really do that hahaha. We only communicate outside of work via WhatsApp
Original post by MrSandyWilly
Try prompting him a bit? I know it is standard for guys to ask girls out, but we hate it just as much as you do. Maybe hint to him that you want to get out and do something together?

Ok, how do I do that? & is it actually ok for a girl to ask a guy out? How would I ask?
Ok, how do I do that? & is it actually ok for a girl to ask a guy out? How would I ask?

I'm not an expert, but I understand how he feels.

Its completely fine for you to ask him out. He'd love it. You don't have to explicitly tell him you want to go out, just drop some flirty hints.
What now?

Why don't you ask HIM out?? Nothing ventured, nothing gained!! Go For It!!!
Women: I can do anything a man can do

Also Women: No I can't ask him out

P.S. This is a joke, not everything's serious (I know what TSR can be like)

EDIT - Think that you should either ask him out or make it clear with hints that you are interested in a relationship as he might not think so.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 15
Fair enough but isn't it usually the guy who asks the girl out?

So what? If you want to go out with a guy, ask the guy out.
What now?

Why don't you ask him out instead of just expecting him to?
Reply 17
I have a Samsung so can't really do that hahaha. We only communicate outside of work via WhatsApp

You could whats app video him?
just drop a massive hint and say 'if you ask me out i'll say yes'. or if hes your friend, you could just talk to him about it. ask him why
How about you ask him out?? It doesn't have to be the guy. It is 2020 after all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending