The Student Room Group

Kingston uni pharmacy

i've heard very negative things about the pharmacy department at kingston uni and about the uni in general however this was from 8 years ago. are these things true? is it improved now? should i still go in september? please help.
i was wondering the same!! all of the reviews are negative and it’s my first choice uni.. i put down pharmacy and pharmacy foundation year for kingston. im scared it’ll be bad now
i see no ones replied after 6 months .. slightly worrying lmao
Reply 3
Original post by carley12326
i was wondering the same!! all of the reviews are negative and it’s my first choice uni.. i put down pharmacy and pharmacy foundation year for kingston. im scared it’ll be bad now

Hey! I ended up deciding not to go to Kingston and chose a different uni instead. You've got other options as well so don't be worried! Which other unis did you put down? I guess everyone experiences are different and you have time so its okayyyy
Original post by broman12
Hey! I ended up deciding not to go to Kingston and chose a different uni instead. You've got other options as well so don't be worried! Which other unis did you put down? I guess everyone experiences are different and you have time so its okayyyy

hiii !! i sent my ucas the other day,, i put down kingston Mpharm and their foundation year.. i also put down reading foundation year, hertfordshire Mpharm and wolverhampton Mpharm. that’s trueeee.. which unis did you apply for??
Reply 5
hiii !! i sent my ucas the other day,, i put down kingston Mpharm and their foundation year.. i also put down reading foundation year, hertfordshire Mpharm and wolverhampton Mpharm. that’s trueeee.. which unis did you apply for??

heyy, I actually go Reading as first year, pm me if you have any questions!
Hey everyone,

I'm a third-year pharmacy student at the University of Reading. Whilst I cannot comment on other departments from other unis I will say the pharmacy department is genuinely really good here. The lecturers here are really approachable which I think is such an important thing when studying. It means whenever I'm struggling I always feel I can approach them and ask.

Here you can see the team here: http://www.reading.ac.uk/pharmacy/meet-the-team/
Interesting note, you might have seen Dr Al Edwards in the news recently he's been on a lot of different channels talking about COVID-19.

I hope this helps you out and feel free to let us know if you have any other questions!😊
From,

Amina
I put down Kingston as my safe choice and now I've got an interview with them on Wednesday so I'm wondering if anyone here's done the interview? If so, how was it? What were the kinds of questions asked in the interview?
Original post by Yatman123
I put down Kingston as my safe choice and now I've got an interview with them on Wednesday so I'm wondering if anyone here's done the interview? If so, how was it? What were the kinds of questions asked in the interview?

well done and good luck !! i havent even got a reply back from them yet .. i accidentally declared i had a criminal record it slowed things down :// i might call them tomorrow ...
well done and good luck !! i havent even got a reply back from them yet .. i accidentally declared i had a criminal record it slowed things down :// i might call them tomorrow ...

Thanks and I very nearly did the same thing myself until my application referee was like wait, why have you put that in, you don't have one so I was lucky there. I'm sure you'll get it solved
Thanks and I very nearly did the same thing myself until my application referee was like wait, why have you put that in, you don't have one so I was lucky there. I'm sure you'll get it solved

close one!! my college didn’t notice even though they checked it ?? but tbf it’s my fault for not double checking .. it’s peak lmao . thanks for the reassurance, ive been stressed all day cause it’s sunday they don’t pick up calls so i have to wait until tomorrow .. tell me how your interview goes !! where else have you applied ? you’re doing pharmacy right ??
Hi,
Has anyone who applied to Kingston University done their group interview??
How did it go and what questions did they ask?
close one!! my college didn’t notice even though they checked it ?? but tbf it’s my fault for not double checking .. it’s peak lmao . thanks for the reassurance, ive been stressed all day cause it’s sunday they don’t pick up calls so i have to wait until tomorrow .. tell me how your interview goes !! where else have you applied ? you’re doing pharmacy right ??

I've also applied KCL, UCL, Reading and Birmingham for Pharmacy. I've received offers from KCL, Reading and Birmingham. I'm waiting for my Kingston interview as I said before and I'm waiting on UCL for a response. I am applying for Phamacy.
(edited 3 years ago)
I've also applied KCL, UCL, Reading and Birmingham for Pharmacy. I've received offers from KCL, Reading and Birmingham. I'm waiting for my Kingston interview as I said before and I'm waiting on UCL for a response. I am applying for Phamacy.

good luck !! i applied to reading as well i got an offer for the foundation and a opportunity to change it to the four-year MPharm Pharmacy but i have to do an assessment .. have you done it ?
good luck !! i applied to reading as well i got an offer for the foundation and a opportunity to change it to the four-year MPharm Pharmacy but i have to do an assessment .. have you done it ?

Yh, it wasn't not too long (for me), just half an hour. They had some maths questions and ethics questions and its quite simple.
Yh, it wasn't not too long (for me), just half an hour. They had some maths questions and ethics questions and its quite simple.

thank you for telling me !!
Reply 16
I have an interview for kingston the coming wednesday and just wanted to ask how it was because they didnt have anything on how to prepare whereas my other ones did so im confused
Reply 17
Hi can you tell me what did they ask about in interview? Please

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending