How to help chronic fatigue syndrome?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m so sick of being tired all the time. I struggle to even get outside now and doing my college work at home is really difficult.

Any tips and advice?
josie71202
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
honestly I understand I get fatigue often but it's not chronic. I've been suggested an activity diary over the week so my activities are spread out over the week. Remember to take it slow and have breaks. Have you been diagnosed with something
Anonymous #1
(Original post by holly6901)
honestly I understand I get fatigue often but it's not chronic. I've been suggested an activity diary over the week so my activities are spread out over the week. Remember to take it slow and have breaks. Have you been diagnosed with something
No I haven't I saw a doctor about it and she said she was going to refer me to a chronic fatigue clinic but they never got back to me.
Anonymous #1
The problem is that the fatigue is constant and 24/7 and is the same no matter how little or how much I do. It just rarely ever goes away and when it does it soon comes back. It's like a constant very dull ache in my forehead. I feel really heady all the time and all I wanna do is just lie in bed all the time.
josie71202
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
No I haven't I saw a doctor about it and she said she was going to refer me to a chronic fatigue clinic but they never got back to me.
it might be linked to vitamins or hydration so maybe get some vitamin supplements and make sure you have about 8 glasses of water a day
josie71202
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The problem is that the fatigue is constant and 24/7 and is the same no matter how little or how much I do. It just rarely ever goes away and when it does it soon comes back. It's like a constant very dull ache in my forehead. I feel really heady all the time and all I wanna do is just lie in bed all the time.
start with little things and work up
Anonymous #1
it might be linked to vitamins or hydration so maybe get some vitamin supplements and make sure you have about 8 glasses of water a day
My doctor gave me high strength vitamin D supplements but they've not helped. Also, I drink plenty of water during the day but that doesn't help either.
Anonymous #1
start with little things and work up
I've tried going on short walks on some days. Sometimes I feel a little better after it but recently i haven't felt any better at all.
josie71202
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I've tried going on short walks on some days. Sometimes I feel a little better after it but recently i haven't felt any better at all.
I'm sorry I don't know how to help
furryface12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Pace yourself and rest as much as you can, is about all you can do unfortunately. It's so hard do follow up with your doctor, you may have a vitamin deficiency or something they can easily help even if it doesn't go away completely.

Sorry, I know that's not what you wanted to hear. It's a really ****ty thing to have. You do learn to live with it and make the best of the energy you have, but it's so horrible watching everyone else move on around you when you're just stuck. I've had ME/CFS for about seven years now, started after I virus I had during my AS levels (when they existed!).
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by furryface12)
Pace yourself and rest as much as you can, is about all you can do unfortunately. It's so hard do follow up with your doctor, you may have a vitamin deficiency or something they can easily help even if it doesn't go away completely.

Sorry, I know that's not what you wanted to hear. It's a really ****ty thing to have. You do learn to live with it and make the best of the energy you have, but it's so horrible watching everyone else move on around you when you're just stuck. I've had ME/CFS for about seven years now, started after I virus I had during my AS levels (when they existed!).
Thanks for the advice and it’s great to hear that I’m not the only one with this (though it certainly does feel like it at times).
username1339858_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I am also constantly fatigued. I haven't been diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome, but I have been tested to check my vitamin levels and they have been fine. I take vitamin d daily. I heard exercise helps temporarily? Idk I've just accepted it now, and try to get on with things anyway.
DeeStudent
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
My doctor gave me high strength vitamin D supplements but they've not helped. Also, I drink plenty of water during the day but that doesn't help either.
How many units did they give you?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by DeeStudent)
How many units did they give you?
1 tablet twice a week. Can’t remember the strength.
Anonymous #1
Nice cat picture btw. I really love cats.
username1339858_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Nice cat picture btw. I really love cats.
My dream cat.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (78)
29%
No (191)
71%

Watched Threads