S4M_
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
So I've been studying a fast track alevel at a distance learning provider centre. When I started the course September 2019 I noticed that the centre wasn't that great so I began to learn on my own (using the learning resources from the centre to try and help with revision).

The centre is saying they can't give me a grade because I haven't given in many assignments but the reason for that was because I was doing my own work coming up to the exams. But exams are now cancelled due to coronavirus. I have friends from other colleges who have gotten a deadline to give in their assignments (end of May) and I'm not getting the same advantage! I checked the Ofqual guideline and it also said the deadline for school colleges centres to give in the grade is no earlier than 29th May.

I have conditional offers from all my unis that I plan to attend this year but what do I do? Universities are expecting a grade and this centre has already made the decision to not give m one which is really unfair! I know I can complete all the assignments they have in about 2 weeks! WHAT DO I DO?
Anna0208
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Honestly explain the situation to them and then hopefully you can arrange a plan for you to hand in as many assignments as they require. If they're still not budging I'd recommend calling up the uni and explaining the situation to them and take their direct advice.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I'm confused. Is the distance learning provider also your exam centre?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (68)
66.67%
I don't have everything I need (34)
33.33%

Watched Threads