The Student Room Group

A level history course work!!

I am still undecided on my coursework title but so far i think i will just use this..
"To what extent did the experiences of Jewish women differ from Jewish men during Nazi Germany?"

However i am struggling to find how to argue between these two points as it dosent seem like a whole lot you could argue about as they both probably exeprienced around the same thing??

I could either re-write the qestion so its just one sided about Nazi women in Germany? But i am not sure how to write this out withou it being a wide range topic

Could somone please help me on this! Thank you
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
I definitely think it would be interesting to discuss the differences between Jewish women and other women in Nazi Germany as that gives you things to talk about both in terms of the treatment of the Jews and the treatment of women whilst also being able to bring in attitudes towards men. You also need to remember to not completely generalise 'other women' as there were other oppressed groups. :smile:
Original post by Anna0208
I definitely think it would be interesting to discuss the differences between Jewish women and other women in Nazi Germany as that gives you things to talk about both in terms of the treatment of the Jews and the treatment of women whilst also being able to bring in attitudes towards men. You also need to remember to not completely generalise 'other women' as there were other oppressed groups. :smile:

By 'other women' could you possibly say like Nazi women in germany where expected to do cleaning ect.. 'kinder küche kirche'. And then for opressed groups im not too sure about? If you cant tell im new to coursework. such a mess :biggrin:

Thanks for your help.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Helena001001
By 'other women' could you possibly say like Nazi women in germany where expected to do cleaning ect.. 'kinder küche kirche'. And then for opressed groups im not too sure about? If you cant tell im new to coursework. such a mess :biggrin:

Thanks for your help.

No worries! I finished mine last year and it was a hugeee struggle initially :smile:. For other women yes definitely talk about their role in the house and how they weren't supposed to smoke, drink, be promiscuous etc. As for other groups the Nazi's targeted you could mention the Romani people (also referred to as gypsies although you need to be careful when using this word), people with disabilities, Polish people, Soviet prisoners of war, and Afro-Germans and then specifically discuss women in these groups and potentially compare them to the Jews too.
Original post by Anna0208
No worries! I finished mine last year and it was a hugeee struggle initially :smile:. For other women yes definitely talk about their role in the house and how they weren't supposed to smoke, drink, be promiscuous etc. As for other groups the Nazi's targeted you could mention the Romani people (also referred to as gypsies although you need to be careful when using this word), people with disabilities, Polish people, Soviet prisoners of war, and Afro-Germans and then specifically discuss women in these groups and potentially compare them to the Jews too.

Great thank you so much, this will really me for my coursework. Thanks for taking time to help me! : )
Reply 5
Well they tended to be killed right off the bat in the camps? Other than that crimes such as rape i guess.
Original post by Napp
Well they tended to be killed right off the bat in the camps? Other than that crimes such as rape i guess.

Yeah I guess. That’s the problem not much to talk about
Original post by Helena001001
Yeah I guess. That’s the problem not much to talk about

Exactly. Hence my doubts on your other thread.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending