B79888
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I have been trying to finish my third year project report, as continuing to work on it is just causing me stress.

However, I did not manage to produce the artefact that is required, and I don't know what to do, as I only have until the 1st of May to finish this as well as another assignment that I should have started work on earlier, but put aside to focus on the report.

I have tried contacting my supervisor, but they do not respond, and I don't know what more I can do as I don't think I'll be able to put anything together in time.

I must admit that I am not an avid (or efficient) worker, and I am being put under a lot of pressure to finish which is having the opposite effect on progress - a lot of time spent trying to figure out how to progress, but with no success.

Any help would be appreciated, as I do not want to be stuck working on this for much longer, considering I have to try and figure out the other assignment. I understand that it is quite late to be asking for advice.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
At this point all you can really try and do is manage the circumstances and try to salvage as many marks as you can. Look at the marking rubric/scheme, identify what they are looking for, and make sure you have at least that if you can.

For example, if they want an introduction, methodology, and conclusion, write that. Even if your methodology is just "I started doing this, using this, but never finished it" - they don't need to be good, they just need to be there so when they go down the tick list, they can't say it isn't there. Likewise if your introduction is just "I was trying to do this" and your conclusion is "I didn't manage to do this". Repeat that for as much of the marking rubric as you can, and make sure to fully reference and adhere to any formatting requirements as that may net you some marks.

For the artefact just include as much as you have done, and as much documentation of what you were doing and planning as you can - and where possible, again look at the marking rubric and include any bits you can (e.g. if it's a programming piece and part of the rubric is "does it have an error message that comes up if it crashes", write that in; the program might not work but at least when it instantly crashes, it will show an error message and they can give you marks if that is on the rubric).

Request an extension if you can; a lot of universities are being somewhat more flexible with extensions currently in the coronavirus situation. If your supervisor doesn't respond, contact the module coordinator for the overall dissertation module, or your personal tutor/director of studies. But keep working on it in the meantime!
B79888
Rep:
?
Hmm, I don't have a proper brief for the assignment, so I am not sure of what exactly is expected. I do know the report is supposed to be divided into sections, which go something like
• Title page
• Second page
- Abstract
- Acknowledgements
- Dedication
- Key words
• Contents Page
• Chapter 1 Introduction
• Chapter 1.1 Aims and Objectives
• Chapter 2 Market Research/literature review
• Chapter 3 Artefact Design,
• Chapter 4 Development & Testing
• Chapter 5 Evaluation
• Chapter 6 Conclusions & Further Work
• References
• Appendices

I have worked through most of it, but I am just not sure what I should write about in the sections pertaining to the artefact, which includes the evaluation.

The deadline was technically already extended by two weeks due to the whole virus thing, but I am not sure if I want or can even use further time - I am being pressured to finish, and I do not want to be working on this assignment for much longer.
Last edited by B79888; 8 months ago
B79888
Rep:
?
About the other assignment I have to do:

"You are asked to develop a software system that collects data from customers and analyses it. Feedback must be given both as text and as a rating on a scale from zero to ten. You must use a web API of your choice, RMI, object-orientation and event-driven concepts."

I have looked at the example code provided on the website, but I am unsure of what to do with it.

I also have to do "A video of maximum 10 minutes length where you talk about your code and compare and reflect upon the different problem-solving strategies that you have used.", but I am not confident in my ability to speak for that long.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (44)
18.18%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (68)
28.1%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (92)
38.02%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (30)
12.4%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (8)
3.31%

Watched Threads