The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

UAL

I hold an offer to study Interior Design at UAL. I wanted to learn more about what it's like in terms of teaching, workshops, prospects, connections etc. also what are some things to consider when I'm choosing the right university for such a course? What resources could I use? Any tips or guidance...

All help is appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
I hold an offer at UAL too, interior and spatial design at camberwell ( i still dont know what the difference between those two course). I asked the same question like you. I think you should start reading about the history of interior design, learning some 3d software like autocad, revit,...
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
I hold an offer to study Interior Design at UAL. I wanted to learn more about what it's like in terms of teaching, workshops, prospects, connections etc. also what are some things to consider when I'm choosing the right university for such a course? What resources could I use? Any tips or guidance...

All help is appreciated :smile:

Hello!

Firstly wanted to congratulate you and @Anna001 on receiving offers on very competitive courses!

When researching universities the main things I think is important to look at are facilities, location, academics and where graduates go. All of this can be found online, a good one to look at would be Virtual Tours to look at the workshops https://www.arts.ac.uk/study-at-ual/facilities/virtual-tours-ual

Both Chelsea and Camberwell have the benefit of being surrounded by industry, so our students have so many opportunities to them. They also work on a lot of live project briefs throughout the courses with industry.

A good thing for you both to look at to prepare is an article we made called Developing Your Interior Design Skills at Home which shares useful reads, podcasts and online resources https://www.arts.ac.uk/study-at-ual/short-courses/stories/developing-your-interior-design-skills-at-home

Hope this helps :smile:!
Mike
Original post by University of the Arts London
Hello!

Firstly wanted to congratulate you and @Anna001 on receiving offers on very competitive courses!

When researching universities the main things I think is important to look at are facilities, location, academics and where graduates go. All of this can be found online, a good one to look at would be Virtual Tours to look at the workshops https://www.arts.ac.uk/study-at-ual/facilities/virtual-tours-ual

Both Chelsea and Camberwell have the benefit of being surrounded by industry, so our students have so many opportunities to them. They also work on a lot of live project briefs throughout the courses with industry.

A good thing for you both to look at to prepare is an article we made called Developing Your Interior Design Skills at Home which shares useful reads, podcasts and online resources https://www.arts.ac.uk/study-at-ual/short-courses/stories/developing-your-interior-design-skills-at-home

Hope this helps :smile:!
Mike

Hello!
Do you know how can I have access to a detailed description fo what is being taught at each module of the Graduate Diploma Interior Design from ual? I'm concerned about the more technical aspects of interior design that are very obvious in a course like KLC, but wanted to be able to compare it to this diploma.

How strong is the focus on construction (plumbing, electricity, heating, ventilation…), all the associated professional and detailed drawings and documents (freehand and CAD), specifications, budget costing? Do we learn about the necessary organization, implementing, and managing a project? Are we taught about fee proposals, professional indemnity, legal aspects, and insurances?

Thank you in advance!
Original post by IzzaKraft
Hello!
Do you know how can I have access to a detailed description fo what is being taught at each module of the Graduate Diploma Interior Design from ual? I'm concerned about the more technical aspects of interior design that are very obvious in a course like KLC, but wanted to be able to compare it to this diploma.

How strong is the focus on construction (plumbing, electricity, heating, ventilation…), all the associated professional and detailed drawings and documents (freehand and CAD), specifications, budget costing? Do we learn about the necessary organization, implementing, and managing a project? Are we taught about fee proposals, professional indemnity, legal aspects, and insurances?

Thank you in advance!

Hello @IzzaKraft

Please have a look at the course webpage - here you can see the course overview and also download the course specification. Currently there is another document you can access here for offer holders. If you look through that document you will find some additional details and also contact information for the course tutor. If you can't find the information you are looking for there, I suggest you reach out to the course team directly.

Best wishes,

Sian
Original post by University of the Arts London
Hello @IzzaKraft

Please have a look at the course webpage - here you can see the course overview and also download the course specification. Currently there is another document you can access here for offer holders. If you look through that document you will find some additional details and also contact information for the course tutor. If you can't find the information you are looking for there, I suggest you reach out to the course team directly.

Best wishes,

Sian

Thank you very much! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending