Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
hiya,
i’ve got a septate hymen, the issue is i have a lot of phobia issues, i’ve had therapy for it but it’s really not helped, i don’t wanna go to the doctor about it at all, i’d be more comfortable breaking it myself, i can fit 2 fingers up each side of it but you can feel the band, it’s only very small and thin, what’s the best way to go about it? should i just stretch till it breaks? i don’t mind people saying “just go to the doctor” but i’d prefer other answers

cheers x
Advertisement
Anonymous #2
Report 9 months ago
From what I know about septate hymens is that it will be very painful to try and break it yourself and that it’s usually solved with minor surgery often under local anaesthetic, which suggests that trying to do it yourself is not the best idea.

Sorry you don’t really want to hear this but a doctor is your best and safest bet. I’m sure you can discuss your phobias with them beforehand and they will do their best to make you as comfortable as possible.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
From what I know about septate hymens is that it will be very painful to try and break it yourself and that it’s usually solved with minor surgery often under local anaesthetic, which suggests that trying to do it yourself is not the best idea.

Sorry you don’t really want to hear this but a doctor is your best and safest bet. I’m sure you can discuss your phobias with them beforehand and they will do their best to make you as comfortable as possible.
thanks
Apachecow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I side with the OP - if a tiny band try stretching it and see. Either with fingers or some kind of dildo/vibe. Can't do any harm. I suspect it's more common and people just get on and break it in a lot of situations
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Apachecow)
I side with the OP - if a tiny band try stretching it and see. Either with fingers or some kind of dildo/vibe. Can't do any harm. I suspect it's more common and people just get on and break it in a lot of situations
you see this is the thing, i think i’ve already broke it a bit before and that’s why it’s really thin, i can’t see any harm in breaking the last bit
Advertisement
Apachecow
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Yes, let us know how you get on.
Anonymous #3
Report 9 months ago

I had a septate hymen. I had minimal pain breaking it, and no blood. Surgery is very rarely required.
Advertisement
Anonymous #2
Report 9 months ago
I had a septate hymen. I had minimal pain breaking it, and no blood. Surgery is very rarely required.
I was told this by a doctor. Then again, there could be bias in that those that doctors see are probably more likely to require surgery because if you can do it yourself you wouldn’t go to a doctor anyway... Maybe there’s varying degrees of it?
Anonymous #1
i think it will be the same for me, i think i’ve already partly broke it a year back, i doubt it will be bad
Advertisement
Anonymous #1
I was told this by a doctor. Then again, there could be bias in that those that doctors see are probably more likely to require surgery because if you can do it yourself you wouldn’t go to a doctor anyway... Maybe there’s varying degrees of it?
i agree with that, i think some people have it really thick and have to get surgery, but mine is like a thin string, not thick at all.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Apachecow)
Yes, let us know how you get on.
i have broke it, literally 2mm drop of blood on the sheets and a the tiniest burn/sting, honestly don’t know what i was expecting but it was just fine x
Advertisement
Apachecow
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Oddly happy for you. Well done
Pollyk14_
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hey, I have a septate hymen too mines quite thin and I use tampons every time I take one out I am tempted to just rip it out. I recently bought dialators to try and break it and when I put them inside of me it’s like the hymen just blocks it and it’s so painful going up. If you magamge to break it please let me know how do I can do the same 😁
Advertisement
900pppppppppp
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi i know your situation its not really a good idea to tear it on your own and for doctors they might ask you why do u want to tear i have been asked this.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (537)
51.09%
No (514)
48.91%

Watched Threads