The Student Room Group

Having Children at 68 is disgusting and horrible thing to do

So I have read a news story today that a couple has had children at the age of 68?

I'm really sorry but this disgusts me that people support this kind of behaviour

How is it fair that when this kid turns 10 then he will have to look after his dying parants?

How is it fair that it is highly likely he will become a orphan during his childhood ?

How is it fair that he will never get a chance to feel like his parants are proud of him when hes older?

I dont think the snowflakes understand the mental problems that child might go through

I know this post will get taken down pretty soon as people dont like hearing the truth but I feel this needs to be discussed.

Scroll to see replies

Do you mean that the couple were both aged 68 or that the mother was? :confused:
Ah well, glad it isn't my problem.
Original post by londonmyst
Do you mean that the couple were both aged 68 or that the mother was? :confused:

I would imagine the father according to the biology I learnt 10 years ago.
Reply 4
Original post by TheArchitect365
So I have read a news story today that a couple has had children at the age of 68?

I'm really sorry but this disgusts me that people support this kind of behaviour

How is it fair that when this kid turns 10 then he will have to look after his dying parants?

How is it fair that it is highly likely he will become a orphan during his childhood ?

How is it fair that he will never get a chance to feel like his parants are proud of him when hes older?

I dont think the snowflakes understand the mental problems that child might go through

I know this post will get taken down pretty soon as people dont like hearing the truth but I feel this needs to be discussed.

Why are you under the delusion that life is fair?
Original post by DiddyDec
I would imagine the father according to the biology I learnt 10 years ago.

I'm pretty sure the mum was and they used some kind of science method , it was in Nigeria
No way.
how does this affect you again
Surprised the dude wasn't dead in the sac

Absolute madlad
Original post by stereotypeasian
how does this affect you again

Because it's disgusting and what do you mean how does it affect me ? I think its disgusting that's why.Should we not care about 911 victims because it didnt effect us?
Reply 10
it's a difficult ****, admittedly
Original post by TheArchitect365

Found the link and yes I agree with you

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/24/woman-68-gives-birth-twins-46-years-trying-children-12605114/
Okay so it's better not to be born at all and never have a chance at life. Cool bro, amazing argument
Aged dads tend to be those with second or third marriages, having children with much younger women. Mick Jagger for example. Often men who are unfaithful such as Boris Johnson.
Original post by barnetlad
Aged dads tend to be those with second or third marriages, having children with much younger women. Mick Jagger for example. Often men who are unfaithful such as Boris Johnson.

In this case the mother is 68 and the father is 77
were both of em aged 68?
Reply 16
Original post by Racresmol
Okay so it's better not to be born at all and never have a chance at life. Cool bro, amazing argument

How is this an argument? If somebody is non-existant then why would they care about having a chance at life? Also, plenty of people have a miserable existence and wish they had never been born.
Original post by E51
How is this an argument? If somebody is non-existant then why would they care about having a chance at life? Also, plenty of people have a miserable existence and wish they had never been born.

Obviously a non-existent person doesn't care but ethically I don't see how bringing someone to life can ever be worse than not doing so. I agree that it's not ideal to have children so late, but better late than never.
The fact that *some* people wish they hadn't been born doesn't make giving birth to someone wrong and disgusting, you can't assume a priori that their life isn't worth living.
I wouldn't go as far as to say its disgusting.
But its a big and definite no in my book.
Reply 19
Original post by Racresmol
Obviously a non-existent person doesn't care but ethically I don't see how bringing someone to life can ever be worse than not doing so. I agree that it's not ideal to have children so late, but better late than never.
The fact that *some* people wish they hadn't been born doesn't make giving birth to someone wrong and disgusting, you can't assume a priori that their life isn't worth living.

Well choosing to bring a life into this world is primarily for your benefit, not to benefit the person being born. Ethically, it is a selfish decision and one can only hope the person born goes on to live a good life, since it wasn't their decision in the first place.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending