2schoolforcool
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
For people who do the intelligence officer graduate scheme with MI5, the initial salary is £30k, but does anyone know how high your salary could get in theory and after how many years? Thanks!
username5027880
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by 2schoolforcool)
For people who do the intelligence officer graduate scheme with MI5, the initial salary is £30k, but does anyone know how high your salary could get in theory and after how many years? Thanks!
Can't really say its secret!!!!!!
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I believe you can expect 50-60k once you get towards a more senior analyst role. As for how long? That probably depends on how good you are.
JOSH4598
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by 2schoolforcool)
Not sure if you're still after an answer, but I emailed the government recruitment office asking about this. The email address was on MI5's website. Fair to say they weren't giving much away other than reiterating that starting salary is £31k rising to £34k after first year for MI5's Graduate Programme. Not sure how they expect to recuit people without telling them about possible career progression beyond the programme!!
tmr19
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by JOSH4598)
Not sure if you're still after an answer, but I emailed the government recruitment office asking about this. The email address was on MI5's website. Fair to say they weren't giving much away other than reiterating that starting salary is £31k rising to £34k after first year for MI5's Graduate Programme. Not sure how they expect to recuit people without telling them about possible career progression beyond the programme!!
A 10% increase after the first year bodes well for overall progression. Armed Forces officers have an almost identical initial salary and increase, so maybe having a look at their overall payscale give some perspective - both being public sector and in vaguely the same type of work would give a reasonable indication as to what earnings could be like.
Hellohsjakodsmka
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Shhhhhhhh
JOSH4598
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by tmr19)
A 10% increase after the first year bodes well for overall progression. Armed Forces officers have an almost identical initial salary and increase, so maybe having a look at their overall payscale give some perspective - both being public sector and in vaguely the same type of work would give a reasonable indication as to what earnings could be like.
Yes you're right, generally public sector jobs follow similar pay scales. I would imagine MI5 is similar to the Civil Service Fast Stream to graduates (initial salary is around £27-33k, rising to around £45-50k in 3 or 4 years). Would make sense considering MI5 has exact same pension scheme as Civil Service too. Only trouble is, once you're in MI5 I can't imagine it'd be very easy to leave considering you'd know substancial amounts of classified info and you're all trained up - so MI5 could pay whatever they liked if people are stuck with them.
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by JOSH4598)
Not sure how they expect to recuit people without telling them about possible career progression beyond the programme!!
If you're good enough, you'd know ..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (17)
12.88%
Virtual campus tours/open days (29)
21.97%
Live streaming events (10)
7.58%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (12)
9.09%
A uni comparison tool (32)
24.24%
An in-person event when available (32)
24.24%