Want more information about this university?

Level of mathematics for a biology student.

Watch
Surjeet Singh
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hello,thanks to use this box for clarifying my doubts. Actually ,I am keenly interested in psychology and I wants to have it like majors in my study. But I really want to know that how much will it be difficult to pursue course for a biology student while having maths in syllabus and how much bsc psychology is complex than ba in psychological sciences?
University of Chester
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Surjeet Singh)
Hello,thanks to use this box for clarifying my doubts. Actually ,I am keenly interested in psychology and I wants to have it like majors in my study. But I really want to know that how much will it be difficult to pursue course for a biology student while having maths in syllabus and how much bsc psychology is complex than ba in psychological sciences?
Hello Surjeet Singh,

I've spoken with our School of Psychology and they have said that Psychological Sciences implies that the course does not have a BPS accreditation, which is essential if you are hoping to become a psychologist in the future. This course tends to not include statistics and, in some cases, can affect the value of the programme for employers as you would not have the analysis skills that they expect from a Psychology graduate.

The University of Chester gives combined students the option of gaining accreditation, which they do by choosing appropriate modules at levels 5 and 6. The student would need to take research methods at both level 4 and level 5 in preparation for dissertation in final year in both the Biology and Psychology departments and the combined and single honours Psychology courses are actually quite comparable in statistics, to content and level. In general students tend to opt for the Psychology one on level 5 rather than the Biology one, as the Biology department use R in a programming format which students can find a leap, as we use SPSS presently in Psychology. So if you wanted to either combine the two areas or study Psychology alone the statistics side would be similar with added qualitative analysis in Psychology.

We hope this helps.

Alex
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (712)
33.94%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (897)
42.76%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (396)
18.88%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed