He left me on delivered for 24 hours on snap...what now?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So this guy I’ve been talking to for a few weeks left me on delivered for 24 hours and has now replied. He sometimes takes ages to reply but not this long. He’s carried on the convo we had before. Do I confront him about it or just carry on normally and let it slide?
Young_
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I once confronted a girl that did that to me, it didn't go very well so from personal experience I would say you shouldn't confront him. Not that he is going to be angry at you or something but if a guy isn't going to reply to you, he isn't going to be interested in you (as a romantic partner). If you're just being friends, it shouldn't bother you much. It won't get better unless if he enjoys talking to you, whether that mean you're good friends or he's more interested in you.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Young_)
I once confronted a girl that did that to me, it didn't go very well so from personal experience I would say you shouldn't confront him. Not that he is going to be angry at you or something but if a guy isn't going to reply to you, he isn't going to be interested in you (as a romantic partner). If you're just being friends, it shouldn't bother you much. It won't get better unless if he enjoys talking to you, whether that mean you're good friends or he's more interested in you.
He’s told me that he really likes girls with replyable messages (implying me) and we do have a lot of banter in our convos. I did confront him once about it ages ago and he took it very well but maybe you’re right I won’t confront him. Shall I just leave him on delivered for a while too tho? Not necessarily 24 hours
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Shall I just leave him on delivered for a while too tho? Not necessarily 24 hours
Don't do that. Playing petty games isn't an attractive quality.

Even in lockdown people have other things to do than keep chatting online. It was one day, with a guy you've messaged for only a few weeks. Even if it's a couple of days - chill! Find something else to do than monitoring how long you've been left on delivered.
Gent2324
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i mean if you worried about it, just ask him why, no need to be childish by doing the same thing
Young_
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
He’s told me that he really likes girls with replyable messages (implying me) and we do have a lot of banter in our convos. I did confront him once about it ages ago and he took it very well but maybe you’re right I won’t confront him. Shall I just leave him on delivered for a while too tho? Not necessarily 24 hours
It's up to you. If he's already left you on delivered for 24 hours, I doubt leaving him on delivered for a while will do much. If you suspect he might like you, he might just be trying to prove a point like you're thinking of doing now. Maybe you should ask him, but just be very open, don't come across as aggressive in any way. The worst that could happen if you do ask him is that he throws a fit at you and hates you. In which case, he probably wouldn't have been any good anyway.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Surnia)
Don't do that. Playing petty games isn't an attractive quality.

Even in lockdown people have other things to do than keep chatting online. It was one day, with a guy you've messaged for only a few weeks. Even if it's a couple of days - chill! Find something else to do than monitoring how long you've been left on delivered.
I never normally do it bc I like being normal ygm. I normally reply within a decent time but I just didn’t want to seem desperate. But thank youuu honestly you gave me a reality check ❤️
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Gent2324)
i mean if you worried about it, just ask him why, no need to be childish by doing the same thing
You’re right thank youuu!!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Young_)
It's up to you. If he's already left you on delivered for 24 hours, I doubt leaving him on delivered for a while will do much. If you suspect he might like you, he might just be trying to prove a point like you're thinking of doing now. Maybe you should ask him, but just be very open, don't come across as aggressive in any way. The worst that could happen if you do ask him is that he throws a fit at you and hates you. In which case, he probably wouldn't have been any good anyway.
I mean we’re just friends and I don’t want to come across as controlling if you know what I mean. I’ll just text back normally
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (211)
56.57%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (50)
13.4%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (41)
10.99%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (33)
8.85%
I haven't started researching yet (22)
5.9%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
4.29%

Watched Threads