The Student Room Group

Midwifery ucas extra help

Hi guys. I applied for childrens nursing for sept 2020 which I got offers from KCL, southbank and Greenwich but changed my mind now I want to do midwifery so declined the offers n ucas put me on extra for midwifery January 2021 intake...bare in mind I asked Greenwich they said they are offering Jan 2021 intake.. my question is what are the chances in getting a place through extra ? Or should I cancel the application n put in a new application when I have my results with me..secondly my personal statement on ucas is for childrens nursing will they ask for a new personal statement? Sorry for the long post..any advice will be appreciated thankyou
Midwifery is very competitive and often oversubscribed. If a university still has places you can apply. You cannot use another personal statement although some universities will accept a new one directly. Contact any university that you find places on and ask for their advice.
Original post by Leyla.asha
Hi guys. I applied for childrens nursing for sept 2020 which I got offers from KCL, southbank and Greenwich but changed my mind now I want to do midwifery so declined the offers n ucas put me on extra for midwifery January 2021 intake...bare in mind I asked Greenwich they said they are offering Jan 2021 intake.. my question is what are the chances in getting a place through extra ? Or should I cancel the application n put in a new application when I have my results with me..secondly my personal statement on ucas is for childrens nursing will they ask for a new personal statement? Sorry for the long post..any advice will be appreciated thankyou

Hey Leyla, I currently study at KCL within the Florence Nightingale department. If you are interested in studying there still I would honestly just email the department just explaining your situation and ask if you re-applied would they consider you for Midwifery. They are extremely accomodating and understanding! Good luck
Original post by 420bandobaby
Hey Leyla, I currently study at KCL within the Florence Nightingale department. If you are interested in studying there still I would honestly just email the department just explaining your situation and ask if you re-applied would they consider you for Midwifery. They are extremely accomodating and understanding! Good luck

Hey x What’s it like being a midwifery student at KCL? It’s my dream to go there and do midwifery in 2 more years.
Reply 4
Hey thankyou so much for the reply I have sent my ucas application for 2021 and waiting for invites for interviews..🤞💓
Original post by Leyla.asha

Hi I was wondering what grades you got in a levels or BTECs when you applied for Midwifery?
Reply 6
Original post by 420bandobaby

Heyyy! I applied to KCL for children nursing, but want to change it to midwifery. Will I be able to do that or is it not possible?
Original post by Nx_.1
Heyyy! I applied to KCL for children nursing, but want to change it to midwifery. Will I be able to do that or is it not possible?

Would it also be possible to change from medicine to midwifery ? will Kcl accept now ??
Original post by Nx_.1

Original post by zoey101xo
Would it also be possible to change from medicine to midwifery ? will Kcl accept now ??

Just talk to KCL and ask them this directly. Don’t rely on hearsay.
Original post by PQ
Just talk to KCL and ask them this directly. Don’t rely on hearsay.

Thanks will do x did u apply to kcl midwifery this year? Xx
How many students are there each year for the midwifery BSc kings course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending