Applying for biomedical sciences at Bristol Uni

Watch
oranolio
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hi,

i was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice about how to apply for biomedical sciences at Bristol Uni, i know its super competitive and difficult to get into but its my dream uni. at the moment i do biology, chemistry and maths and im predicted a* for biology and a's in maths and chemistry. but i was just wondering if there is anything in particular i can do outside of grades to help me get in.

i was also wondering if anyone had any advice of how to maintain good grades in my subjects as at the moment im doing okay but im struggling to balance it all and im worried that my grades will drop as i go into year 13. so if theres any specific techniques or advice for those particular subjects i would love your help and advice.

thank you
Keels25
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by oranolio)
hi,

i was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice about how to apply for biomedical sciences at Bristol Uni, i know its super competitive and difficult to get into but its my dream uni. at the moment i do biology, chemistry and maths and im predicted a* for biology and a's in maths and chemistry. but i was just wondering if there is anything in particular i can do outside of grades to help me get in.

i was also wondering if anyone had any advice of how to maintain good grades in my subjects as at the moment im doing okay but im struggling to balance it all and im worried that my grades will drop as i go into year 13. so if theres any specific techniques or advice for those particular subjects i would love your help and advice.

thank you
Hey - have you considered posting this in the "Ask A Bristol Student" thread? Someone might be able to help you there.

I did the Neuroscience programme at Bristol, but had to cover a lot of the stuff you'll probably cover in biomedical science e.g. pharmacology, biochemistry, physiology, anatomy etc if you had any general questions about teaching and Bristol itself. The biomed course didn't exist when I applied (I think it's quite a new course at Bristol) so unfortunately I can't speak much about maximising your chances of getting in but I imagine a good personal statement and some extra reading around the subject will probably help you out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (162)
44.51%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (41)
11.26%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (29)
7.97%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (76)
20.88%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
9.34%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
6.04%

Watched Threads