The Student Room Group

My diet to lose 30kg/blog

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by gtty123
Do you know how much calories you're eating daily?

No. I don’t know how to because I am in hospital and the food gets prepared for us.
Original post by Lostx
No. I don’t know how to because I am in hospital and the food gets prepared for us.

keep it up bro. i know it's not easy to lose weight and all I can say is take it easy. Drink a lot of water is all I can say and make sure you have 2litres a day minimum
Reply 22
Original post by TheYearNiner
keep it up bro. i know it's not easy to lose weight and all I can say is take it easy. Drink a lot of water is all I can say and make sure you have 2litres a day minimum

Is the water meant to hide hunger pains?
Original post by Lostx

That's annoying. I was going to suggest you could work out your TDEE and knock off 500 calories from that for a healthy and sustainable weight loss. I'm no expert, but hospital food could be highly calorific, depending on what they serve. I suggest, you should try to aim for a healthy well balanced diet, if possible.
By that I don't mean avoiding chocolates etc because it's 'bad' food, yes it's not the best to consume, but for the long run and keeping the weight off, sustainability is key.
Reply 24
Original post by gtty123
That's annoying. I was going to suggest you could work out your TDEE and knock off 500 calories from that for a healthy and sustainable weight loss. I'm no expert, but hospital food could be highly calorific, depending on what they serve. I suggest, you should try to aim for a healthy well balanced diet, if possible.
By that I don't mean avoiding chocolates etc because it's 'bad' food, yes it's not the best to consume, but for the long run and keeping the weight off, sustainability is key.

Thanks for your advice :h:
I highly recommend doing more exercises.
Original post by Lostx
Is the water meant to hide hunger pains?

no, you should drink water throughout the day to stay healthy and overall may stop you from over eating.
Reply 27
Original post by Leah_mcc19

I do sit ups, squats, burpees, plank and leg raises
Original post by Lostx
Thanks for your advice :h:

No problem, I'm happy to help.

Just a side note, "doing more exercises" could be read as vague. If you're not in a calorie deficit, no matter how much exercise you do, it won't help you to lose weight.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by gtty123
Just a side note, "doing more exercises" could be read as vague. If you're not in a calorie deficit, no matter how much exercise you do, it won't help you to lose weight.

Yea I know that but If you are doing that diet (which was mentioned) and do more exercise than planned you mill make progress. Cardio will work better to loose weight. The muscle endurance exercises I would do more after weight has been lost
Yea I know that but If you are doing that diet (which was mentioned) and do more exercise than planned you mill make progress. Cardio will work better to loose weight. The muscle endurance exercises I would do more after weight has been lost

I agree with you. However, sorry for being annoying 😂, it depends on OP's goals. Doing too much cardio could actually be detrimental in terms of building muscle, which I'm assuming OP wants. As for your other point, during the deficit I believe muscle building exercises would help the most, with some cardio, but as I've said it depends what OP's goals are.
Reply 32
Original post by gtty123
No problem, I'm happy to help.

Is sea salted popcorn healthy as a snack?
Original post by Lostx
Is sea salted popcorn healthy as a snack?

I would say yes, but it depends on how calorific it is.
If the calories servings are relatively low, I'd say it's healthy.
However I'd be naive to assume that all low calories snacks are the best. For example if one serving had 90 calories compared to another which had 140 calories, but the difference is that the 140 calories gave more nutrients, for example, then despite the 90 calories one being better for a deficit, the 140 calorie one would be healthier due to its nutritional capability.
Hope that makes sense.
Reply 34
Original post by gtty123
I would say yes, but it depends on how calorific it is.
If the calories servings are relatively low, I'd say it's healthy.
However I'd be naive to assume that all low calories snacks are the best. For example if one serving had 90 calories compared to another which had 140 calories, but the difference is that the 140 calories gave more nutrients, for example, then despite the 90 calories one being better for a deficit, the 140 calorie one would be healthier due to its nutritional capability.
Hope that makes sense.

Thank you, it contains 53 calories per bag.
Original post by Lostx
Thank you, it contains 53 calories per bag.

As I don't know everything about the product you're consuming, I'd say purely from a calorie point of view, 53 calories per bag, is very good. However that being said, I'd be naive to assume it's the best for you, as the nutritional values that product contains may be limiting. But as I've said, I don't know anything so from that perspective I've presented, yes 53 calories per bag is very good.
Reply 36
Original post by gtty123
As I don't know everything about the product you're consuming, I'd say purely from a calorie point of view, 53 calories per bag, is very good. However that being said, I'd be naive to assume it's the best for you, as the nutritional values that product contains may be limiting. But as I've said, I don't know anything so from that perspective I've presented, yes 53 calories per bag is very good.

:yum:
Reply 37
I’m afraid to say I ate 2 bags of sea salted popcorn.

Per pack:

53 calories
2.6 g fat of which saturates 0.2g
5.2 g carbohydrates of which sugars <0.1g
1.3 g fibre
1.1 G protein
0.14g salt

Is this healthy?? I’m worried I have ruined the diet now!!!
Hiya, I’m one of the people who replied to your violin thread :smile:

I hope I’m not overstepping any boundaries here but I’m a little concerned at the distress that this diet seems to be causing you - would that be fair to say? I’d also like to point out to others here, and I hope that you don’t mind, that you have made previous threads referencing an eating disorder, and so to tread cautiously here as I’m sure nobody here would want to inadvertently worsen that.

I’m not doctor or mental health professional but I just wanted to say if you ever want to talk to someone, pop me a message and I’ll be happy to have a chat. Stay strong x
Reply 39
Original post by CriticalMuppet
Hiya, I’m one of the people who replied to your violin thread :smile:

I hope I’m not overstepping any boundaries here but I’m a little concerned at the distress that this diet seems to be causing you - would that be fair to say? I’d also like to point out to others here, and I hope that you don’t mind, that you have made previous threads referencing an eating disorder, and so to tread cautiously here as I’m sure nobody here would want to inadvertently worsen that.

I’m not doctor or mental health professional but I just wanted to say if you ever want to talk to someone, pop me a message and I’ll be happy to have a chat. Stay strong x

:nopity:I would love to play the violin!

This diet is getting me quite engrossed in weight loss and exercising and healthy eating. But I thought that was normal for dieters.

Yes I have had an eating disorder in the past.

Thank you so much :hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest