The Student Room Group

Am I leading him on?

This guy and I have been talking for 5 months now and only started liking him when we started the “talking phase”. We don’t have much in common but there is definitely an attraction there, he could possibly have a physical attraction towards me but I don’t find him physically attractive, except for the fact that he’s tall. He isn’t usually the type I go for (I prefer white guys but he’s asian). I really like him and would want to date him, but I’m worried I’m leading him on because I don’t find him physically attractive. Also I don’t mean to sound rude or anything but, I don’t see a future with him. I don’t want him to be my first boyfriend. I feel like I’m in no position to be picky here.. but I just want to know, am I leading him on? What should I do? Should I stop talking to him?
attraction is a major part of a relationship and sometimes it develops with time
Reply 2
When you lead someone on, it means you're playing games with them. You act interested, but really you aren't. And then if they become attracted to them and they try to make a move, you reject it. You're usually on and off. Stuff like that. If you want to date him and be with him, you aren't leading him on. But if you aren't going to be with him, and you are acting as though you are, you are definitely leading him on. And you should stop. Obviously, attraction should be there before or during when you start dating. If the attraction isn't there, you shouldn't be getting into a relationship with him. Keep going with it, but if you start going on dates and you find you aren't finding the attraction then leave it. You aren't leading him on there, you're giving him a chance.
If you can try and make it clear and drop hints that you don't want to get into a relationship with him and just want to stay friends. But try and be nice with this as being friend zoned is painful enough as it is lol :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending