Want more information about this university?

How lenient is Brighton University with conditional offers?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I've applied for 5-11 primary education and got a conditional offer of DDM. I was on track for that, but since lockdown I've neglected my studies and been working 35+ hours per week in my shop where I used to only do 5-10 hours part time, I've been exhausted every day and I just sleep on my days off. It's still not impossible for me to get DDM but I'm so depressed and demotivated especially with the uncertainty surrounding BTEC grading that I just can't get any of my work done. Has anyone ever got onto the 5-11 primary education course at Brighton with grades lower than their conditional offer?
Last edited by Interrobang; 5 months ago
University of Brighton Enquiries
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've applied for 5-11 primary education and got a conditional offer of DDM. I was on track for that, but since lockdown I've neglected my studies and been working 35+ hours per week in my shop where I used to only do 5-10 hours part time, I've been exhausted every day and I just sleep on my days off. It's still not impossible for me to get DDM but I'm so depressed and demotivated especially with the uncertainty surrounding BTEC grading that I just can't get any of my work done. Has anyone ever got onto the 5-11 primary education course at Brighton with grades lower than their conditional offer?
Hi there!

My name is Danielle and I am a Brighton University Rep

I'm sorry to hear about the impact Covid-19 is having on you and your studies, we know the coronavirus Covid-19 pandemic means we are all temporarily adapting the way we live.

Your wellness and metal health is very important to us, so I would firstly like to share some links to helpful wellness pages:

On TSR (uplifting fun): A meme day to help make covid-19 go away

On the Government website: COVID-19: guidance for the public on mental health and wellbeing

The University of Brighton (aimed at current students, but you may still find helpful): How To Avoid Demotivation

On Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, we’ll be hosting Q&As on things like adapting to change and how to get help or support. We’ll also share podcasts and blog articles on how to look after your wellbeing.

I hope these are helpful

In regards to your grades, The University of Brighton has decided to automatically extend our mitigating circumstances policy to everyone who has applied to start in 2020, meaning we are aiming to be as flexible as possible when assessing both your qualifications, whilst continuing to follow the guidelines given to us by the Government.

Our admissions policies are also designed to make sure that everyone who applies to us receives equal and fair consideration.

If you do have any concerns, please feel free to get in contact with us and we will be happy to help. You can message or call us on the number listed here or through your Studentcentral account with us.

I hope this is helpful, please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions or concerns.

Danielle
Last edited by University of Brighton Enquiries; 5 months ago
Anonymous #2
Report 5 months ago
Brighton will defo take you! I have friends who do primary Ed there who got DDD (at a level) and she still got in. You’ll be fine, they’re very lenient!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (126)
14.7%
I'm not sure (36)
4.2%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (261)
30.46%
I have already dropped out (22)
2.57%
I'm not a current university student (412)
48.07%

Watched Threads