UCL- September 2020Postgraduate Student Support

Watch
Albie94
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello everyone,

I hope you and your families are doing well during this difficult time.

I recently got accepted to study Countering Organised Crime and Terrorism MSc at UCL and have accepted the offer already. The past few days I have been relatively concerned that I may struggle with my studies during this lockdown. What advice would you guys give me ? Also, due to lockdown things haven't been okay at home so I am thinking to move out in Postgraduate Student Accommodation. Could you also give me some advice in relation to accommodation?

Thank you for taking the time to read my message.
Angel31798
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey I dont really have any advice to offer since i havent been to UCL and did my undergrad elsewhere, but i've applied for the same course and was wondering how long it took for you to hear back and stuff since im still waiting and its now week 5 since by application was fully submitted with references and everything?
Albie94
Rep:
?
Hello mate. I'm doing my undergraduate somewhere else too. My offer was accepted within 2 weeks approximately but it was a conditional offer as I still have to wait for my degree classification. I'd suggest you to check your junk emails and see if anything is there , or to keep checking on the UCL portal often for any updates. The application deadline for this course is not until next month so I wouldn't worry too much, considering the fact that this pandemic has delayed everything. I hope this helps.
Angel31798
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yea i've been keeping the UCL portal open and checking it occasionally but theres been no change. Also i kind of get that the covid thing has slowed a lot of stuff down but tbh i would have thought that admin things such as application reviews wouldnt have been affected that much or might even be done quicker since its one of the few things that could still be done while at home even when the classes got cancelled for like a week or two at the beginning.
Albie94
Rep:
?
just be patient mate. give them another week and then maybe send them an email I'd say. 👍🏻
Angel31798
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Will do thanks for the responses by the way
Albie94
Rep:
?
you're welcome! Good luck 👍🏻👍🏻
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
14.38%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.48%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
4.79%
I need help with my personal statement (61)
41.78%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (36)
24.66%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.05%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
6.85%

Watched Threads