The Student Room Group

I feel emotionless and unmotivated all day everyday

I just don't recognise myself anymore, I don't want to do anything I feel... Nothing is the best way to put it. I cry over the smallest things I always feel somewhat sad. Its probably cause of this virus stuff and I'm stuck in my house 24/7 but I'm just scared I've never felt this way before I don't even know who I am, I don't enjoy the same things anymore.

Its gotten to the point I don't know if anyone will really understand or I'll need help. Cause when I'm out of this house and my life is slightly more normal what will happen then I'll have to build myself up...

Help 😭
Reply 1
Please know that you're not alone :smile: These are such difficult and strange times for everyone and it's okay to feel different right now. If you need to talk to anyone please feel free to message me, I'm always here :smile:
Hey :smile:. That is a totally normal reaction to this lockdown, I promise you. What I can also promise you is that it will end!

Try and stay in touch with friends and family as much as you can. I got myself into a bit of a rut a couple of weeks ago, I just wasn't looking after myself at all, but I changed that. I have lovely relaxing baths every night, take time to read .. it hasn't solved the problem, but it's made things at least a little bit better.

If these feelings continue after lockdown end, then I would advise that you see your GP :smile:.
Original post by Anonymous
I just don't recognise myself anymore, I don't want to do anything I feel... Nothing
I don't enjoy the same things anymore.

It's totally normal - we've all had our lives flipped on their heads and we can't just be expected to be totally normal :yep:

Keep trying to find new things to do and new activities to have, it's good to keep your brain ticking over. If not, take some time out to re-evaluate your situation and how you're going to spend it. :yep:
Original post by Anonymous
I just don't recognise myself anymore, I don't want to do anything I feel... Nothing is the best way to put it. I cry over the smallest things I always feel somewhat sad. Its probably cause of this virus stuff and I'm stuck in my house 24/7 but I'm just scared I've never felt this way before I don't even know who I am, I don't enjoy the same things anymore.

Its gotten to the point I don't know if anyone will really understand or I'll need help. Cause when I'm out of this house and my life is slightly more normal what will happen then I'll have to build myself up...

Help 😭

Hi there,

I want to reassure you that it is normal to feel this way. Life feels so uncertain for so many people right now and it is understandable that the lockdown and the restrictions surrounding it have left you feeling sad, lost and unmotivated.

Talking about what we are experiencing is an important part of recovery from our difficult feelings. Given that it is such a challenging time for you right now, do you have people at home or friends you can talk to?

You don't need to feel alone with this. HOPELINEUK is available to support you. HOPELINEUK helps young people under 35 to stay safe from suicide. You may not be experiencing thoughts about ending your life, which is positive; but if you would like to contact our service, one of our advisers will be able to support you and connect you with other services and resources that could be helpful during this time.

Call: 0800 068 4141
Text: 07860039967
Email: [email protected]

Best wishes,
Libby :^_^:
Reply 5
Original post by jess3000
Please know that you're not alone :smile: These are such difficult and strange times for everyone and it's okay to feel different right now. If you need to talk to anyone please feel free to message me, I'm always here :smile:

Thank you so much! I might take you up on that offer :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Hey :smile:. That is a totally normal reaction to this lockdown, I promise you. What I can also promise you is that it will end!

Try and stay in touch with friends and family as much as you can. I got myself into a bit of a rut a couple of weeks ago, I just wasn't looking after myself at all, but I changed that. I have lovely relaxing baths every night, take time to read .. it hasn't solved the problem, but it's made things at least a little bit better.

If these feelings continue after lockdown end, then I would advise that you see your GP :smile:.

I might try your techniques too! sounds like a good little self-care night haha

And definitely thank you! :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by yzanne
It's totally normal - we've all had our lives flipped on their heads and we can't just be expected to be totally normal :yep:

Keep trying to find new things to do and new activities to have, it's good to keep your brain ticking over. If not, take some time out to re-evaluate your situation and how you're going to spend it. :yep:

Yeah, that's very reassuring! It just goes on and off sometimes, just worried.

Thank you :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by PAPYRUS-UK
Hi there,

I want to reassure you that it is normal to feel this way. Life feels so uncertain for so many people right now and it is understandable that the lockdown and the restrictions surrounding it have left you feeling sad, lost and unmotivated.

Talking about what we are experiencing is an important part of recovery from our difficult feelings. Given that it is such a challenging time for you right now, do you have people at home or friends you can talk to?

You don't need to feel alone with this. HOPELINEUK is available to support you. HOPELINEUK helps young people under 35 to stay safe from suicide. You may not be experiencing thoughts about ending your life, which is positive; but if you would like to contact our service, one of our advisers will be able to support you and connect you with other services and resources that could be helpful during this time.

Call: 0800 068 4141
Text: 07860039967
Email: [email protected]

Best wishes,
Libby :^_^:

I do have friends and family yeah! If it gets any worse I'll definitely let my family know. Thank god it's normal haha

Thank you so much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest