The Student Room Group

help find me an English name pls

my name 's abbreviation is WXY. is there any good girls English name recommended? as I am planning to study abroad.
(edited 3 years ago)
There are loads of English names out there and I think it simply depends on preference. However the initials WXY are hard! Maybe google names and pick one that you think sounds nice. I do understand that may be hard because you don't know which ones are good! If you want common ones then I would suggest names such as:
Willow
Wendy
Whitney
Wren
Winnifred
There aren't many common w names, to be honest, but I'm sure you will find one that you like. Maybe if you can you could ask a friend abroad when you make some . You could pick one for now but you could ask them to give you a name that they think suits you? I'm not really an expert at this but I hope this helps you. I hope you have a great time studying abroad I'm sure you will love it there!
Original post by Hedwigeeeee
my name 's abbreviation is WXY. is there any good girls English name recommended? as I am planning to study abroad.

Replace the X with an H
Original post by ThuggerThugger
Replace the X with an H

lol
Winona like Winona Ryder?
Wela (supposed to be Vela)
Original post by thereforff
Winona like Winona Ryder?

what does this name mean?

well. my current English name is Kelly. but I think it is too simple for me. I want an English name similar to my real name. but it is hard to find names with W X and Y lol

is there any good name begin with x and contains y? I do not want w hahaha
what does this name mean?

there's an actress called Winona Ryder that starred in movies/TV series such as Heathers and Stranger Things
Yvonne for a female name beginning with y
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by stereotypeasian
there's an actress called Winona Ryder that starred in movies/TV series such as Heathers and Stranger Things

hahaha,you again. 😀
hahaha,you again. 😀

nope, that wasn't me. but winona is great name. for y's tho:
Yasmin
Yuki
Yvette
It really depend on what your real name sounds like. There are not a lot of British names starting with Y and at the same time including X in it. It's more south asian names that comes to my mind.
Hiii, have you tried the Behind the Name website? link --> https://www.behindthename.com/names/gender/feminine/usage/english/letter/w

Some names I found in there: Wanda, Wendi, Wenona, Wilda, Winnie, Winter, Winx, Yolanda, Xanthia, Xavia

Hope this helps :smile:
Dorothy

Quick Reply

Latest