Will current work go towards our grades?

Watch
Bilbocat
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Does anyone know if the work we're being set during the lockdown could be used as evidence to decide our GCSEs? I haven't been doing all the work that's been set and I'm concerned that it could contribute to my final grade. Does anyone know?
jd1202
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
no any work that’s been set since lockdown isnt going to effect grades for a levels or gcse as the exam boards have decided it’s unfair.
aliyamv1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by jd1202)
no any work that’s been set since lockdown isnt going to effect grades for a levels or gcse as the exam boards have decided it’s unfair.d
do you think we should still be doing the work then?
Abbie.c
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I haven't been doing any of the work , but my science teacher said the work we do now (in her case) will determine our ranking within our grade.
jd1202
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
no there is no point in doing work. there was a statement put out a week or 2 ago stating that the marks given for gcse & a level will be produced by the teachers but only using work we’ve done before schools closed out of fairness
jd1202
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by abb1e007)
I haven't been doing any of the work , but my science teacher said the work we do now (in her case) will determine our ranking within our grade.
you need to get in touch with her and ask again as the government have came out and made a statement saying this is untrue & that the only work that will contribute to the grades will be of before the lockdown
Monsur x
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
No more work is considered for ur final predicted grade
Unfortunately I’m in yr 12 and still have to revise for next year 😞😒😕
Abbie.c
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
its really frustrating because my teachers are saying we still have to do the work , I emailed our sort of education person in our school and he said this there is no requirement for teachers to set more work however if they are between a grade 5-6 then it'll give the students a chance to prove they can get the 6. but I dont know how doing Hegarty quizzes and educake will change a grade.
jd1202
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by abb1e007)
its really frustrating because my teachers are saying we still have to do the work , I emailed our sort of education person in our school and he said this there is no requirement for teachers to set more work however if they are between a grade 5-6 then it'll give the students a chance to prove they can get the 6. but I dont know how doing Hegarty quizzes and educake will change a grade.
i would just concentrate on preparing for your chosen sixth form to be honest, if you know what a levels you want to do try to start studying them, the jump from gcse to a level is huge trust me !
Abbie.c
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by jd1202)
i would just concentrate on preparing for your chosen sixth form to be honest, if you know what a levels you want to do try to start studying them, the jump from gcse to a level is huge trust me !
Yeah I've been working through Bio and chem a-level on Seneca , getting my friend to teach me the hard parts so its going pretty well
Abbie.c
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
See that just doesn't seem fair and I don't think they can do that because some students may be unable to complete the work. How were your mocks?
jd1202
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
you need to email her and ask why has the government made a statement stating otherwise if that’s the case, she’s most likely still setting you work due to that being her job, not because of the grades
jd1202
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
*her/him
Bilbocat
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Thanks everyone for your help😊
Evil Homer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I think there might have been misunderstanding around what will count and won't count moving forward. Ofqual have advised that teachers and schools should be extremely careful in using any evidence since schools have been closed, but they haven't completely ruled it out. Not to worry people but I think it's important to be clear, and I think it's important for students to continue doing the work set by teachers, for a whole multitude of reasons even if they do not impact your final grade.
Abbie.c
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Evil Homer)
I think there might have been misunderstanding around what will count and won't count moving forward. Ofqual have advised that teachers and schools should be extremely careful in using any evidence since schools have been closed, but they haven't completely ruled it out. Not to worry people but I think it's important to be clear, and I think it's important for students to continue doing the work set by teachers, for a whole multitude of reasons even if they do not impact your final grade.
so is it still important for me to be doing a dance essay , I was forced to take the subject as a gcse and don't care what result I get since all my a level and future career choices are all academic.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (255)
57.17%
I don't have everything I need (191)
42.83%

Watched Threads