The Student Room Group

CCCU Midwifery?

Hi,

I am wanting to apply for midwifery course and have been told they’ll be an interview and I’ll need to bring a reflective portfolio. Not entirely sure what that entails or what to expect.

Anyone had a similar process when applying that you was successful in? If so, I’d appreciate some guidance 😊 especially if you applied to Canterbury Christ church university

Thanks in advance
Original post by geelou97
Hi,

I am wanting to apply for midwifery course and have been told they’ll be an interview and I’ll need to bring a reflective portfolio. Not entirely sure what that entails or what to expect.

Anyone had a similar process when applying that you was successful in? If so, I’d appreciate some guidance 😊 especially if you applied to Canterbury Christ church university

Thanks in advance

A reflective portfolio is basically a letter / writings of statement that summarise a student insights and experience that you gained through any practical assignments.

Hope that helps you
Reply 2
Okay thankyou.. so how would I begin creating something like that before applying?

Okay thankyou.. so how would I begin creating something like that before applying?

No worries in trying to help ok

What previous experience have you got in midwifing if any or nursing even .
If you got any experience in the field of nursing then write about that explaining what you been doing , taking patients say to xrays, or to out patients clinic to see doctor as that do happen , what ability and knowledge have you got in that particular field of nursing ,
You can put your development skills you have that can be useful to the post of midwifing , good communications is a key factor, use of technology,

Why do you want to be a midwife and explain reasons on that .

I wouldn't think you got any experience in midwifing as you obviously applying to be a student midwife but you must demonstrate who you can offer as one if offered a place on the course.

This is similar to writing a personal statement you probably did for your application of a student midwife and you doing a similar thing .

I don't know if there's any helpful information for guidance on the internet if you typed in " Reflective Portfolio" and use that for to help you.

Cheers
Reply 4
Thankyou so much! I appreciate it 😊
Thankyou so much! I appreciate it 😊

You welcome okay and I'm a midwife can sort of relate to some of the things you asking okay xx☺
PM me if you ever need to ask anything as will try to assist you ok
Reply 6
When i went for mine at cccu i just brought a piece of writing i did on fgm a topic that interested me i also had my personal statment and someother bits i did in hsc
Reply 7
Okay great, thanks! What was the test that they done? I believe it’s a maths test or something?
Reply 8
Okay great, thanks! What was the test that they done? I believe it’s a maths test or something?

It was like a conprehension nothing to worry about

Quick Reply