A level sociology ~a* advice/help/tips

Watch
Anonymous36617
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi all, I have completed the AQA Sociology course and I will be happy to help!

Areas I have covered in-depth:

* Family & Households
* Beliefs in Society
* Research Methods in context
* Education

I can provide:
*Notes
* Exemplar essays
* Essay structures
* Revision techniques

~ If you require further help or are generally struggling with the subject drop a private message~
Geth071002
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous36617)

* Family & Households
* Beliefs in Society
* Education

I can provide:
*Notes
* Exemplar essays
* Essay structures
* Revision techniques

~ If you require further help or are generally struggling with the subject drop a private message~
Hey is it possible u can send me some revision techniques and essay structures for families and Households thank u
ZedTV
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Could I just ask what exam board were you and did you do sociology for GCSE level or did u first study it at a lvl like I am. Any tips on this?
Anonymous36617
Rep:
?
(Original post by ZedTV)
Could I just ask what exam board were you and did you do sociology for GCSE level or did u first study it at a lvl like I am. Any tips on this?
The exam board was AQA, I first studied it at A Level - i never knew what it was about before i studied it.
But sociology is just such a relevant subject - its about society and our everyday lives.
emily.g34
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
i will start studying the subject hopefully in september, any general tips???
also any tips for writing essay plans.
emily.g34
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
how do you write your notes?? whens the best time to start revising??

thanks soooo muchhh x
brionyvj
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Im going into year 12 and am relatively confident with actually understanding the content (although im definitely not perfect) and i was wondering how you took notes? at GCSE i feel like i wrote out a lot of info that i didn't need and in sixth form i don't want to waste my time. How do you recommended taking notes- do you rewrite yours? Do you write a lot? etc... Thanks a lot
Anonymous36617
Rep:
?
(Original post by emily.g34)
how do you write your notes?? whens the best time to start revising??

thanks soooo muchhh x
Hi, I basically simplified the notes we did in class.
For each sociological perspective for the different topics - that is in the simplist form, once you start studying you will start to grasp the basics of sociology thus, the main thing in your notes needs to be sociologists names.

I would say you should revise for each assessment/mock exam as if it was the real thing which would enable you to be fully prepared for the heavy content at the end of the year 13 which will become easier to remember and ingrained into your memory instead of waiting till April to memorise everything which would be very stressful.
Anonymous36617
Rep:
?
(Original post by brionyvj)
Im going into year 12 and am relatively confident with actually understanding the content (although im definitely not perfect) and i was wondering how you took notes? at GCSE i feel like i wrote out a lot of info that i didn't need and in sixth form i don't want to waste my time. How do you recommended taking notes- do you rewrite yours? Do you write a lot? etc... Thanks a lot
The key is to have simplified notes - it's impossible to remember chunks of information.
Personallly I bulletpointed key information underneath important names etc - these bullet points were simplified from textbooks/extra reading/current affair news that is relevant to sociological aspects and class notes

Hope that makes sense.
elena2003
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous36617)

* Family & Households
* Beliefs in Society
* Education

I can provide:
*Notes
* Exemplar essays
* Essay structures
* Revision techniques

Hi
would i please be able to have some notes and essay structures?
ZedTV
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
im stuggling to pick between the human sciences. sociology or psychology.

im studying 4- biology, Maths and RS (These 3 are definately not changing)

which human science works best with these 3 and would you say sociology is easier (ive heard people say sociology is a useless a lvl unlike psychology that shows more)????
anushka13
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi! Could you please send me some of your revision notes, essays and structures? Thanks )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (7)
4.58%
Confident (14)
9.15%
Indifferent (16)
10.46%
Unsure (36)
23.53%
Worried (80)
52.29%

Watched Threads