MSc Strategic Marketing Imperial College London 2020

Watch
gnnjean
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi there, I'm really frustrated right now. I applied to MSc Strategic Marketing. I received my CID on January 21st. All of the documents including references have been submitted on January 31st. Got an interview invitation on February 21st which I completed on March 2nd.

Until now, I still haven't heard back. It's been 14 weeks.
The thing is that I also got an offer from King's and I have to pay a deposit by this Thursday, and £2000 is A LOT for me, so if I paid, it basically means that I'll have to go for King's because I can't just be throwing money away.

Here are my questions
1. Are there anyone that applied to MSc Strategic Marketing around the same time that I did and already got an offer or heard back?
2. Should I pay King's deposit? I've already sent them a request to extend the deposit deadline but I doubt that they will reply before this Thursday. If I pay and got accepted from Imperial later, I'd be heartbroken. At the same time, if I didn't pay and got rejected from Imperial, it basically means I have no place to go this year...

It's really stressful. Please help T_T
gnnjean
Rep:
?
I also sent Imperial an email. I gave them all information and told them I have other deadlines. They replied me with "Your interview is currently being assessed with our external assessors, we hope to get this back soon. Once we have an update on your application, we will be back in contact with you directly," which doesn't help at all.

The Imperial recruitment team also told me that MSc Strategic Marketing has no application rounds and I can do nothing to speed up the process.
Guess the only thing I can do now is to hopelessly wait ...
LoydIrving
Badges: 9
Report 1 year ago
Is there a chance that King's will refund your deposit if their program is full? It is a bit risky ofc but that's what some schools do..
gnnjean
Rep:
?
(Original post by Archeklain)
Is there a chance that King's will refund your deposit if their program is full? It is a bit risky ofc but that's what some schools do..
In king's offer letter, they mentioned that,
"Under the regulations governing distance selling contracts, you have 14 days from the date that King's receives your
deposit to change your mind and request a refund of your deposit. If, within this period, you notify us of your wish to
cancel via a message through King's Apply, we will cancel your offer and organise a refund of your deposit."

But so far that I've been waiting for 3+ months from Imperial, I still cannot be sure if they will reply by May 14th.
LoydIrving
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by gnnjean)
In king's offer letter, they mentioned that,
"Under the regulations governing distance selling contracts, you have 14 days from the date that King's receives your
deposit to change your mind and request a refund of your deposit. If, within this period, you notify us of your wish to
cancel via a message through King's Apply, we will cancel your offer and organise a refund of your deposit."

But so far that I've been waiting for 3+ months from Imperial, I still cannot be sure if they will reply by May 14th.
I get what you mean, have you tried to call King's? They must be incredibly busy with admissions so they might not read all their e-mails... I would suggest you to call to negotiate an extension, and maybe Imperial too.
gnnjean
Rep:
?
(Original post by Archeklain)
I get what you mean, have you tried to call King's? They must be incredibly busy with admissions so they might not read all their e-mails... I would suggest you to call to negotiate an extension, and maybe Imperial too.
Imperial can only be contacted via email right now as they're working remotely, but I haven't tried King's.

Thank you so much for your adviceee
LoydIrving
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by gnnjean)
Imperial can only be contacted via email right now as they're working remotely, but I haven't tried King's.

Thank you so much for your adviceee
No worries! I really hope that you get an offer soon because the Imperial program looks really interesting! Keep me updated!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (94)
38.68%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (27)
11.11%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.41%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
23.46%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.35%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
7%

Watched Threads