Want more information about this university?
hxhu
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I know a million people have probably asked this, but how safe is nottingham in recent years? what are areas like radford, clifton, the arboretum and beeston like? What is LGBT life like? What is violence like? Has crime rate improved in recent years or is it getting worse? What is living in Student Halls (Nottingham Trent) like? What is living out of student halls like? How can you stay safe?
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by hxhu)
I know a million people have probably asked this, but how safe is nottingham in recent years? what are areas like radford, clifton, the arboretum and beeston like? What is LGBT life like? What is violence like? Has crime rate improved in recent years or is it getting worse? What is living in Student Halls (Nottingham Trent) like? What is living out of student halls like? How can you stay safe?
Hi,
ive moved from UoN to Trent forum.

Nottingham is like any other large city, ive been a student the past couple years (at uni of) and never had anything dangerous/violent happen, you'll be fine as long as you are sensible ie dont go wandering around the unlit areas in the city drunk at 4am... (walk with mates or uber).
Anonymous #1
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by hxhu)
Hi!
I went to Trent about 3 years ago.
Crime is decreasing in Nottingham - unfortunately Notts Police were one of the hardest hit by the Police cuts - but now they have the biggest intake of Police so its going to get safer.
Like any big city, the key to safety is just keeping your wits about yourself, walking in safe areas and generally being vigilant. Overall its a pretty safe city and getting safer. I had such a good time and Trent Union is one of the safest places to go for a night out etc.
Being LGBT myself, theres few venues for LGBT people - but LGBT people in Nottingham seem to have blended in and go to mainstream clubs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (640)
33.51%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.2%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.79%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed