The Student Room Group

Which uni would you firm?

Kind of stuck between choosing and I'm looking between University of Surrey, Aston Uni, University of Kent and Portsmouth. Just looking for advice considering all the factors ?
Which course?
Reply 2
Accounting and Finance

Original post by londonmyst
Which course?
Original post by Marn881
Accounting and Finance

I’d say Aston that’s only because I’ve heard that the business school is actually quite good, but it depends on your area and if your planning on moving?
Kent or Aston
Original post by Marn881
Kind of stuck between choosing and I'm looking between University of Surrey, Aston Uni, University of Kent and Portsmouth. Just looking for advice considering all the factors ?

Hi @Marn881!

I am not an accounting and finance student however I can give you information on the Uni as a whole:smile: If you click here you can read about the accounting and finance course and the modules. Are you interested in doing a placement year? If so then Portsmouth Uni have a great careers team who are really hands on with helping you find one and they are even a service you can use after you graduate for help in finding a full time job.
The social life at Portsmouth is great! There are tons of societies and the clubs are always good if you are into that sort of thing. There's always a lot to do such as going to the beach, going for a meal/to the cinema at Gunwharf Quays, going shopping on commercial road, going to the pubs on Albert Road etc. Also, the Uni accommodations, which you can have a look at if you click here, are great and some of them are quite new so they are really modern and nice. You can do a virtual tour of some of them online. Please let me know if you have any specific questions about the Uni as it's always helpful to hear from a student that goes there and choosing a Uni can be confusing.

I hope this helps:smile:

Erin - Official Student Rep :smile:
Have you visited the unis, which one did you like the most?
Original post by Marn881

Hey there!
I'm a current final year student at Kent, although I don't study Accounting and Finance so I can't say much about that, I can tell you about life at Kent as a whole :smile:
If you did want to chat with a current Accounting and Finance student, Kent have this online programme called Unibuddy which allows prospective students to find current students studying the same course :smile: It could be a good way to find out if Kent's Accounting and Finance course suits you - Unibuddy.

I have honestly loved my time at Kent! I think that it has loads to offer! There are 3 other universities in the city centre so nightlife still has a great student feel to it :smile: Also, Kent Union have loads of societies and sports clubs, I'd really recommend checking out what's on offer as it's such a great way to meet people and the university have some great facilities for them too :smile: There's also a gym, cinema, nightclub, two co-op shops, a theatre and loads of places to eat and drink on campus, so sometimes it feels like you don't even need to leave. Because there's always something to do or something happening on campus, it makes it easy to really get involved in student life, it feels like a little community on campus. There are also some stunning views over Canterbury from main campus and some of the accommodation too, and there's loads of green spaces so campus also has some nice calm, quiet spots :smile:
The beach is also just a short bus-ride away, and you can get into London in under an hour on the train. For me, Kent has a bit of everything and that's why I've enjoyed it :biggrin:
I hope that this helped give you an idea of what Kent is like! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!
Also, if you wanted to have a look at the facilities or accommodation there's some great virtual tours on the Kent website, which could be useful in giving you a better idea of the feel of the campus - Virtual Tours
Best of luck with your decision :biggrin:
Reply 8
Where do you fancy living? Both Aston and Surrey have strong histories of supporting students onto years in industry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending