Kelsi Talbot
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I can’t decide what A level to do, I think that uni would prefer if I did maths a level but I’m not sure, I want to study music and geography also, but I don’t know if maths or Spanish would go better with them.
sophbrand31
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Well do you know what you want to do at uni? If it’s a course where maths may be used then it’ll be useful to do a level?
Monsur x
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Whatever u enjoy and r best at!!!!
Ofc if ur subject at uni requires maths a level then yh pick that

Other than that, pick wat u enjoy!
Universities love that u k another language
It’s not that doing maths or a sciency subject will make u look good

Hope I helped x

(I’m doing Spanish a level)
Last edited by Monsur x; 6 months ago
Kelsi Talbot
Rep:
?
(Original post by Monsur x)
Whatever u enjoy and r best at!!!!
Ofc if ur subject at uni requires maths a level then yh pick that

Other than that, pick wat u enjoy!
Universities love that u k another language
It’s not that doing maths or a sciency subject will make u look good

Hope I helped x

(I’m doing Spanish a level)
Thanks so much this is really helpful, is Spanish A level really hard because I’ve heard that doing a language is like the hardest a level?
Last edited by Kelsi Talbot; 6 months ago
Monsur x
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Kelsi Talbot)
Thanks so much this is really helpful, is Spanish A level really hard because I’ve heard that doing a language is like the hardest a level?
Not the hardest if ur good at it already and enjoy it. I’m acc not the best person to talk to to get advice lol coz our lessons r soo boring and our teacher isn’t great but it’s interesting and u just gotta practise a lot ig w ur speaking and exam skills

Idk but go for Spanish! It’s not hard
It’s just that my teacher is so boring that’s y I have NO MOTIVATION WATSOEVER to revise for it and I should....
Bruv GCSE we had the best teacher and I loved Spanish then and would always do the work and extra .. unfortunately she left end of yr 10! And we got another teacher but no one could replace her so my motivation went downhill... also after Christmas yr 11 the new teacher wasn’t even in! We kept having supply until GCSE!
Somehow I got an 8 😅 (I’m not a Spanish speaker)

Since lockdown began I’ve just been watching Spanish films which do help

Lol I’m going off track

Anyways yh defo do Spanish x
Kelsi Talbot
Rep:
?
Not the hardest if ur good at it already and enjoy it. I’m acc not the best person to talk to to get advice lol coz our lessons r soo boring and our teacher isn’t great but it’s interesting and u just gotta practise a lot ig w ur speaking and exam skills

Idk but go for Spanish! It’s not hard
It’s just that my teacher is so boring that’s y I have NO MOTIVATION WATSOEVER to revise for it and I should....
Bruv GCSE we had the best teacher and I loved Spanish then and would always do the work and extra .. unfortunately she left end of yr 10! And we got another teacher but no one could replace her so my motivation went downhill... also after Christmas yr 11 the new teacher wasn’t even in! We kept having supply until GCSE!
Somehow I got an 8 😅 (I’m not a Spanish speaker)

Since lockdown began I’ve just been watching Spanish films which do help

Lol I’m going off track

Anyways yh defo do Spanish x
Thanks so much it’s soo helpful to hear other people’s advice who study it, I’m not very good at spanish but I just think it’s really useful and really enjoy it so I might do it and just have to work really hard. I got a 6 in my mocks but wasn’t prepared at all and didn’t revise but I’m predicted an 8 so I think I’ll be okay.

Thanks so much x
Monsur x
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Kelsi Talbot)
Thanks so much it’s soo helpful to hear other people’s advice who study it, I’m not very good at spanish but I just think it’s really useful and really enjoy it so I might do it and just have to work really hard. I got a 6 in my mocks but wasn’t prepared at all and didn’t revise but I’m predicted an 8 so I think I’ll be okay.

Thanks so much x
Np xx
Ig just revise and during this lockdown watch Spanish shows and films on netflix or other sites, podcasts, read Spanish books...
there r websites like Duolingo and Memrise!
I started learning German lol

There is a website I found where there r FREE Spanish books u can download!
That might be advanced but still

Good luck x

U can keep a little book and all the vocabulary u hear or new phrases, u can keep a note of!
Kelsi Talbot
Rep:
?
Np xx
Ig just revise and during this lockdown watch Spanish shows and films on netflix or other sites, podcasts, read Spanish books...
there r websites like Duolingo and Memrise!
I started learning German lol

There is a website I found where there r FREE Spanish books u can download!
That might be advanced but still

Good luck x

U can keep a little book and all the vocabulary u hear or new phrases, u can keep a note of!
Wow thanks so much this is all rlly helpful xx
pon1de2replay3
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hey, I did two languages at A Level (French and German) and am now teaching myself Spanish as well. I'd say that yes, languages are a hard A Level, but A Levels are supposed to be hard. Also Maths is a very hard A Level too and probably much less stimulating and fun. I'd say my language lessons were my absolute favourites as you learn so much about the culture and history of what you're studying as well as getting to analyse and discuss books and films. I'd say choose the one you like the most and think about which one you'd happily spend your free periods working on. Also what uni course are you thinking of doing? Look up the subjects requirements for your course, but most don't really have them except sciences. Good luck - feel free to ask any questions about language a levels x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (520)
33.74%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (638)
41.4%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (313)
20.31%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.54%

Watched Threads