The Student Room Group

Funding for second undergraduate degree/access course

Hello,

I have a few questions about funding when it comes to access courses and second undergraduate degrees.

I have a first undergraduate degree that was five years full time - I studied in Scotland and also had a sandwich placement (so for one year there was no tuition but I still accessed the maintenance loan and grant, not sure if relevant).

Firstly, I understand that you can get the funding for a second undergraduate degree if it's part of a group of healthcare courses. I was however wondering whether this funding would be affected by the fact that my first degree was longer than usual?

I've spoken to the universities I wish to apply to and most have advised me to do an access course as my application would be weak as my previous qualifications aren't at all related to what I want to do.

It looks like I may be eligible for an Advanced Learner Loan in order to do this, but I was again wondering whether taking this out for an access course would at all affect getting the tuition and maintenance loans for the second undergraduate degree?

Thank you in advance!
The ALL has no restrictions for previous study/qualifications. It doesn’t affect your HE funding in any way.

Likewise the exemption for some healthcare courses is regardless of how many years previous study you have.
Original post by PQ
The ALL has no restrictions for previous study/qualifications. It doesn’t affect your HE funding in any way.

Likewise the exemption for some healthcare courses is regardless of how many years previous study you have.

Thank you very much for the clarification!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending