Glasgow uni Vs Edinburgh

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi I'm having difficulty to choosing between these two unis. Is Edinburgh more diverse than Glasgow? There are some negative sterityoes attached to edinburgh that I'm worried about, should I be? It would be so great to have some personal experiences and opinions. Also in terms of student satisfaction Glasgow comes out better, why is that?! Thank you so much!!!
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
I got offers for both, and chose Edinburgh in the end. But it is a personal choice, and only you can know what you're looking for. I'm from Glasgow and its a great city, though the uni was a bit out of the way from the city centre. Edinburgh is a lot more cultural, but glasgow has better shopping and supposedly night life, but Edinburgh's is pretty good too, so I think you should try list some priorities and see which one suits your needs. Reputation wise in Scotland they are pretty similar, but Edinburgh has a much better international reputation. Edinburgh is great, there is a lot of posh stereotypes attached to it, but I wouldn't base your decision of something like this, it doesn't really change anything. I think Edinburgh is much more diverse, whereas you'll get more of a scottish campus at Glasgow, so depends what you want really. I've had a great time at Edinburgh, you meet loads of people from loads of places around the world, while still a decent amount of Scottish people, and I definitely don't regret my decision. But, my friend goes to Glasgow and also loves it there, so I think either way you will come out happy.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I got offers for both, and chose Edinburgh in the end. But it is a personal choice, and only you can know what you're looking for. I'm from Glasgow and its a great city, though the uni was a bit out of the way from the city centre. Edinburgh is a lot more cultural, but glasgow has better shopping and supposedly night life, but Edinburgh's is pretty good too, so I think you should try list some priorities and see which one suits your needs. Reputation wise in Scotland they are pretty similar, but Edinburgh has a much better international reputation. Edinburgh is great, there is a lot of posh stereotypes attached to it, but I wouldn't base your decision of something like this, it doesn't really change anything. I think Edinburgh is much more diverse, whereas you'll get more of a scottish campus at Glasgow, so depends what you want really. I've had a great time at Edinburgh, you meet loads of people from loads of places around the world, while still a decent amount of Scottish people, and I definitely don't regret my decision. But, my friend goes to Glasgow and also loves it there, so I think either way you will come out happy.
Can I ask what halls u went to in Edinburgh?!
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Can I ask what halls u went to in Edinburgh?!
Pollock Halls, the only catered ones
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (39)
26.71%
As I expected (47)
32.19%
Harder (53)
36.3%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.79%

Watched Threads