sm0009
Badges: 14
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi! I’m a young carer and I am (this year) applying to Cambridge for BA History.

It’s in both my UCAS reference and Cambridge specific extenuating circumstances form.

Will my application be flagged so the admissions team are aware? How do Cambridge use this in the admissions process?

Thanks!
sm0009
bump
Paralove
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yes! In your file - which will be seen by the admissions team and director of studies in your subject - will be that info and they will all be aware of this information when assessing your application.
sm0009
(Original post by Paralove)
Yes! In your file - which will be seen by the admissions team and director of studies in your subject - will be that info and they will all be aware of this information when assessing your application.
That’s reassuring! Thanks!
sm0009
So my extenuating circumstances form will also be in my file? Because there’s a few other things that aren’t in my reference that are in my EC form
Paralove
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by sm0009)
So my extenuating circumstances form will also be in my file? Because there’s a few other things that aren’t in my reference that are in my EC form
Yes, everything pertinent to your application is in there. Only those who need to see your ECF will do so, so it's not going to be unnecessarily shared. Do be as honest on it as possible - it's great that you'll be filling it in, some do get worried about sharing such info, but it will never disadvantage an application.
sm0009
Yes, everything pertinent to your application is in there. Only those who need to see your ECF will do so, so it's not going to be unnecessarily shared. Do be as honest on it as possible - it's great that you'll be filling it in, some do get worried about sharing such info, but it will never disadvantage an application.
Thanks so much!
Paralove
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Thanks so much!
You're very welcome! All the best with your application, and I'm happy to answer any other questions you might have, just drop me a line (I did MML at Newnham and work in Cambridge still!).
IBCA25
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi there I'm a young carer must who's also thinking of applying to Cambridge. I was wondering as I haven't really told my teachers about it and was only considering writing about it in the extenuating circumstances form is this still okay?
sm0009
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by IBCA25)
Hi there I'm a young carer must who's also thinking of applying to Cambridge. I was wondering as I haven't really told my teachers about it and was only considering writing about it in the extenuating circumstances form is this still okay?
A teacher from your school, or a doctor/ nurse, will have to sign off on it and verify it on your EC form
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by IBCA25)
You should tell someone like the Head of Sixth Form about it as it should be mentioned by them in their reference. Or if there is any other member of staff that you would prefer to confide in you could tell them and ask them to pass it on to the Head of Sixth Form or whoever writes the UCAS references in your school
IBCA25
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
You should tell someone like the Head of Sixth Form about it as it should be mentioned by them in their reference. Or if there is any other member of staff that you would prefer to confide in you could tell them and ask them to pass it on to the Head of Sixth Form or whoever writes the UCAS references in your school
A teacher from your school, or a doctor/ nurse, will have to sign off on it and verify it on your EC form
Okay great thanks really appreciate I'll send an email now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (71)
19.03%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (76)
20.38%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (68)
18.23%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (78)
20.91%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (39)
10.46%
I haven't started researching yet (41)
10.99%

Watched Threads