The Student Room Group

19 years old, scared of relationships

I'm a 19 y/o girl and only started uni this year and have never had guys or girls interested in me before. I've never had a relationship but I've been worrying I'm asexual because I've had 4 guys that have been interested in me this year and it freaked me out. I always get at least a few weeks into the talking stage but then it dies down and I overthink and feel like they're not interested anymore. I got close to kissing one of them at a party but I freaked out again and I just get embarrassed when I think about it. Recently I don't like thinking about sex when I used to be fine with it but now it's kinda weirding me out. It's stupid but it's stressing me the hell out.
Do not worry about it. Everyone encounters this stage. You just have to tell yourself what is your current priority. I agree that being in a relationship is extraordinary. You get to share your feelings and thoughts with someone special.
Don't stress or worry! The right person will come - and the talking stage will never die out (that's how u know they're right for u!). Talking stages help u discover what u want from a partner - so use them for experience. Also, the almost kissing thing - its in the past, and u cant change what happened, so think more into the future of how u could act if u were in a situation like that again - or don't think about it! it's the past- don't let it stop u from experiencing the future!! x
The sex thing, the drive to have sex will come from the right person - so "just keep swimming" through life and experience everything u can!! Find yourself in the process too!! xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending