Swansea Uni - Bay or Singleton?

Watch
WelshKopite
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hello all,
So it looks like I'll be able to stay in halls after all and have the obvious two campuses in mind for the experience - Bay and Singleton. The question I need answering is this; is it worth travelling each lecture day to be able to stay at the campus I want?

I will be studying on Singleton Park campus but if I'm being honest, the rooms leave much to be desired and Bay Campus looks absolutely ideal to me. The only real issue I have is the travel, as I'm unsure of how much it costs for the bus ride over, how frequent they are and if it would end up being a hassle as opposed to me heading to Singleton.

If anyone has any knowledge on either campus, maybe they could shed some light on the differences as at the moment Bay ticks all the boxes except local amenities and distance from the Uni. Other than that, it looks perfect to me but again, I still can't decide.
Proxenus
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
bay is luxury but overloaded with testersatrone

stay at singleton where u study it's much more convenient and you get more sleep

annual bus pass is like 280 but I made a fake one .
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
The bus fare is £370 for the whole year. There are differing amounts for termly payments. If you are aged under 21 you can apply for a pass which gives you 1/3 off. The quickest bus takes just over 20 minutes. However be aware the road from the Bay in is the main route for travel coming in from the M4 for people travelling in from the east and north and is Swansea's busiest road so is congested at peak times. That bus runs every 20 minutes I believe and there are 2 other services connecting the 2 campuses that take a bit longer. You could also consider staying in one of the new private halls in the city centre instead of staying on campus.

https://www.studentroost.co.uk/locat...nsea/st-davids
https://www.primestudentliving.com/swansea/
https://omniaspace.co.uk/accommodation/oldway-centre/
Phoenixfeather99
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi.
I live on bay and study on Singleton. There are loads of options for buses. The 9 is the fastest and runs every 20mins and takes 20mins between campuses. The 8 is every 15mins and goes via the city centre and takes around 30minutes between the campuses and the number 10 takes 45mins and is every 15 minutes and that goes all around uplands which is where the majority of student housing is. Bus passes on the app is £330 for the academic year but with the free mytravelpass from the welsh government it’s £220 and that includes unlimited travel even on the night services. There’s also a lot of X services from the road of bay campus that get you into town where you can change to get another bus to Singleton campus and there are other buses that you can get from Singleton campus to then change at the bus station to get to bay campus, so your unlikely to ever be properly stranded.
The only time there was ever a real issue was when they were doing road works on the roundabout at the end of Fabian way (by bay campus) and the buses were severely delayed due to 2 hour traffic jams to the point that the bus drivers gave up coming to bay campus. At that point uni had to put in place alternative lecture arrangements for some courses because students kicked off because we couldn’t get to campus. That’s the only real issue we’ve ever had.
Bay campus has a Tesco but Singleton does have more canteen options. The accommodation on bay is a lot nicer with double beds, en-suites, and modern facilities and there is also bay campus’s own beach. Bay also has a monthly food market outside the great hall where food stalls such as burger vans come, although Singleton has a much better freshers fair so make sure you head over to their freshers fair as well as the bay campus one.
Student Roost - Swansea
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by WelshKopite)
Hello all,
So it looks like I'll be able to stay in halls after all and have the obvious two campuses in mind for the experience - Bay and Singleton. The question I need answering is this; is it worth travelling each lecture day to be able to stay at the campus I want?

I will be studying on Singleton Park campus but if I'm being honest, the rooms leave much to be desired and Bay Campus looks absolutely ideal to me. The only real issue I have is the travel, as I'm unsure of how much it costs for the bus ride over, how frequent they are and if it would end up being a hassle as opposed to me heading to Singleton.

If anyone has any knowledge on either campus, maybe they could shed some light on the differences as at the moment Bay ticks all the boxes except local amenities and distance from the Uni. Other than that, it looks perfect to me but again, I still can't decide.
if you are still looking have you thought about St Davids, Bay campus is a ten minute bus ride away and our bus stop is right outside our front building.

NO deposit is required upon booking (great news), you have access to all of the social areas 24 hours a day, these include a cinema room, games and karaoke room and a quiet chill area. All of our rooms come with ensuites.

We are situated very close to supermarkets and shops, which are a small five minute walk away and only a ten minute walk into the city center to more shops and Swansea's nightlife.

and as a Swansea uni student you would also be eligible for a free bus pass

If you would like more information, please get in touch and our team will be happy to help
www.studentroost.co.uk (St Davids)
Instagram: @srstdavids
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (46)
13.77%
Virtual campus tours/open days (73)
21.86%
Live streaming events (32)
9.58%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (35)
10.48%
A uni comparison tool (77)
23.05%
An in-person event when available (71)
21.26%