Hdog99
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
My employers have agreed to pay for my HNC, starting in September. Ive recently looked at studying through Teesside University, for a distance HND course. I did an apprentacship so have necessary qualifications. My question being would this be possible to study a HND and HNC together as such? And if so would i be eligible for finance towards it? Or has anyone done this before? I know it would be alot of work, but its something im willing to commit to.
Joinedup
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Hdog99)
My employers have agreed to pay for my HNC, starting in September. Ive recently looked at studying through Teesside University, for a distance HND course. I did an apprentacship so have necessary qualifications. My question being would this be possible to study a HND and HNC together as such? And if so would i be eligible for finance towards it? Or has anyone done this before? I know it would be alot of work, but its something im willing to commit to.
HND is usually 2 years full time and HNC is usually 1 year full time
doing a one year 'top-up' to HND after completing a HNC is a thing
but trying to do both simultaneously doesn't seem to make sense... if nothing else the assessments for both courses would probably land at the same time and give you a terrible workload.
Teesside University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Hdog99)
Hi Hdog99

The FAQs might help on this page - you'd need to do the HNC first, then follow up with a HND. Drop us an email to [email protected] and we'll help
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
There would be no reason to do both at the same time, the HNC generally counts as the first year of the related HND (in many cases it'll be the exact same work)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (136)
28.45%
No - I have already returned home (65)
13.6%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (93)
19.46%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (45)
9.41%
No - I live at home during term anyway (139)
29.08%

Watched Threads